Page 155 of 174 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1731
    Junior
    I can’t believe what some people get worked up about on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    You must be new around here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    What pisses me off the most is when people don’t want to take the time to do a little research into such things as the rules, or who X is recruiting, and expect others to do so and then tell them what it is they want to know. Then when you give them the information they don’t want to accept it as correct and act like we don’t know what we are talking about. Sometimes even getting insulting in response.

And just in case MH reads this….Hunter, Free, and Craft were all listed as INACTIVE for every game last year and didn’t count against the roster or scholarship levels. That’s how they went from 18 players to 15. They can only have 15 on the ACTIVE roster. One of the scholarship players was actually paid for via the NIL and therefore didn’t count against the 13 limit on athletic scholarships. (I’m sure that Miller is hoping that he doesn’t have any players on the inactive list this year.) I found this all out by reading such sites as 24/7, Rivals, Verbal Commits, ESPN, Cincinnati.Com and the NCAA website. As I said, it’s not that difficult, just takes some time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    What pisses me off the most is when people don’t want to take the time to do a little research into such things as the rules, or who X is recruiting, and expect others to do so and then tell them what it is they want to know. Then when you give them the information they don’t want to accept it as correct and act like we don’t know what we are talking about. Sometimes even getting insulting in response.

And just in case MH reads this….Hunter, Free, and Craft were all listed as INACTIVE for every game last year and didn’t count against the roster or scholarship levels. That’s how they went from 18 players to 15. They can only have 15 on the ACTIVE roster. One of the scholarship players was actually paid for via the NIL and therefore didn’t count against the 13 limit on athletic scholarships. (I’m sure that Miller is hoping that he doesn’t have any players on the inactive list this year.) I found this all out by reading such sites as 24/7, Rivals, Verbal Commits, ESPN, Cincinnati.Com and the NCAA website. As I said, it’s not that difficult, just takes some time and effort.
    It’s a message board. People come here all of the time in search of information.

I’ve provided a TROVE of information here (and on prior boards) for more than 25 years. I provide statistical breakdowns on players, seasons, schedules, rankings and whatever other nuance catches my eye. I share all of it. Cause it’s a message board.

Junior
    Do I think caring about the end of the roster is worth while? I don’t think so. Think Hett was just curious bc the numbers seemed off. Ville kinda cleared it up simply. I definitely ask questions on the board I could spend time looking up. Sometimes view it as a group chat or just as if we were hanging at the bar. Caring about the numbers seems odd, caring about someone caring about it seems odd too.

But whatever. I’m just happy it seems like Millers vacation sparked a hell of a portal run. Should go on more vacations if that’s the result

Adults, I think...getting upset and pissed off at this stuff makes me laugh

Supporting Member
    Jq commits to az state. Their nil is alive and well. Although it may also have to do with producers supposedly pitching a docuseries pitching hurley and his program....so guessing that's where some of the "nil" will be coming from.
    Last edited by Xville; 04-29-2024 at 12:05 PM.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Jq commits to az state. Their nil is alive and well. Although it may also have to do with producers supposedly pitching a docuseries pitching hurley and his program....so guessing that's where some of the "nil" will be coming from.
    Do they realize it’s not DAN Hurley who is coaching in Tempe???
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Aidan Mahaney (St. Mary's) just committed to UCONN. Mcneeley, Reed and Mahaney in recent days....geesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Jq commits to az state. Their nil is alive and well.
    He might be good and it's a good get for Hurley, but he and his family are so toxic Calipari let him walk. Plus his will be just 17 next season.

Another thing you have to consider is they aren't getting what they want for football right now. Hurley may have convinced whoever is running the NIL collective to funnel money away from football. That and ASU has had a vacant AD's office for a while. Who knows who is running the show and how much power they have. The whole situation is nuts there and it showed last year with a poor football and basketball team.