Page 31 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Fan View Post
    Am I reading this right ? This site has him the 80 th best player in the portal and the 22nd best shooting guard?

https://247sports.com/season/2024-ba...sferportaltop/
    uhhg. 80th best player in the portal? and we know that not everyone that will enter has entered?

Nzeh is 91, Craft is 107, Abou is 114.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    uhhg. 80th best player in the portal? and we know that not everyone that will enter has entered?

Nzeh is 91, Craft is 107, Abou is 114.
    Ranks mean nothing Mr. Sunshine. The only opinion that matters is Mr. Miller’s, and if he’s OK with it so am I. He’s looking for players that fit his needs. He’s building a TEAM and not just trying to stockpile highly ranked bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    https://x.com/paulfritschner/status/...shJKowj_nNzfHg

Welcome Mr Foster. Highlights attached

Has a BE frame
    What is the role for this guy? Is he the replacement for Quincy? I hope not. We had a problem with 3 point shooting this year, and this guy took half his shots from 3 and hit less than 30%. And, his career assist to TO ratio is exactly 1.0.

What kind of roster are we trying to build? We led the country in assists 2 years ago and had a great season. Can we not connect the dots on how we did so well?

I realize this guy rebounds well, but is that really a key thing we are looking for from our guards?

We need shooting (still).

Wonder if the lack of big men might cause us to load up on the bigger guards and some wings and just play at 110% speed with a ton of ball pressure and hope we can just run the opponents out of the gym with depth?

His middle years were around 35%. Kid is a 5th year guy and should be ready day 1. Miller knows what he needs. I trust his expertise. The team is light in youth and bigs but there are 4 open spots to fill. Green/Djokovic are still on the roster as of now so that would give us 2 Sophomores and 1 Freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Ranks mean nothing Mr. Sunshine. The only opinion that matters is Mr. Miller’s, and if he’s OK with it so am I. He’s looking for players that fit his needs. He’s building a TEAM and not just trying to stockpile highly ranked bodies.
    Allright, then. Mr. Miller also brought in Logan Duncolmb and Abou last year. And then the Euro guys. So with that knowledge, you're ok with whatever he does? he hasnt earned a little bit of scrutiny?

And how does a 5th year player do anything but kick this roster problem down the road an additional year? I heard like 2000 kids went in the portal last year, and of of the sites is reporting 598 this year so far. So we've seen maybe 40% of the inventory and we grab a shooting guard that cant hit from deep to join a team that cant hit from deep.

I said in another post that maybe his role will be as a rotation guy. That would work great, actually.

But this is underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    His middle years were around 35%. Kid is a 5th year guy and should be ready day 1. Miller knows what he needs. I trust his expertise. The team is light in youth and bigs but there are 4 open spots to fill. Green/Djokovic are still on the roster as of now so that would give us 2 Sophomores and 1 Freshman.
    Swain too, unless I missed something....

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    What happened to Swain?
    zip em up

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I am with you on Sean Miller. I know one tenth about College basketball that he does. But it is ok to speculate on how Sean thinks he fits. You know the returning guards. You know we need a real 3 point shooter with Olivari leaving. Is this his replacement. If not , which of the other guys will sit when he is on the floor?

Allright, then. Mr. Miller also brought in Logan Duncolmb and Abou last year. And then the Euro guys. So with that knowledge, you're ok with whatever he does? he hasnt earned a little bit of scrutiny?

And how does a 5th year player do anything but kick this roster problem down the road an additional year? I heard like 2000 kids went in the portal last year, and of of the sites is reporting 598 this year so far. So we've seen maybe 40% of the inventory and we grab a shooting guard that cant hit from deep to join a team that cant hit from deep.

I said in another post that maybe his role will be as a rotation guy. That would work great, actually.

I keep having this thought over and over. I know with free/hunter we were in an odd situation this year but miller keeps saying how the talent will never be like this again and how next year the roster will be different. Why would we expect to bring in better than abou or ciani, etc? If we could have we would have last year. I love miller the coach but I think clearly we have a cap on who we can afford in the portal. We’re going to be getting these mid tier guys. Even with Q and McKnight they were solid but not headline worthy.

Supporting Member

Are you positive about anything Xavier, ever? Why are you a fan? Everything is doom and gloom with you constantly.

If you are so concerned about transfer ranking, his is the same number that Quincy's was at 89.0 .

He is one piece to the puzzle. Let's see who else they get.
    Last edited by Xville; 03-27-2024 at 03:06 PM.