Page 136 of 172 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1713
    Junior
    I mean. I don’t think the team two years ago got worn out…?

Not to say I don’t appreciate the apparent depth this team will have from the 1-3 position. And I think Sean will gladly use it. But a solid 7 man rotation won’t get worn out IMO. The team two years ago didn’t and they barely had a 7 man rotation with a healthy Freemantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    For those who care about transfer rankings, CBS put this out: https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...its-to-baylor/

It has both Maddox and Conwell ahead of Des. Think it’s putting a bit too much weight on Des 25% career 3 pt percentage, though.
    24/7 has Des ranked #36 and ESPN has him ranked #39.

Quote Originally Posted by BandDad View Post
    It seems that everyone is missing that we have two major question marks for next year - Hunter and Free. Both are coming off serious medical situations and I would think Sean is not counting heavily on either one. If he does, he risks having another season like last year. Therefore he is trying to assemble as much talent as possible and will have to sort it out in the end if everyone is health and pans out.

Best case scenario - everyone healthy

C - Hugley, Absom (assuming he is coming)
    PF - Free, Hunter
    SF - Swain/Foster
    SG - Conwell, Maddox/Foster
    PG - McKnight, Maddox

Outside looking in - Green and Powell

More realistic with either Free and/or Hunter not able to produce - now we play smaller
    C - Hugley, Absom
    PF - Free/Hunter, Absom, Swain
    SF - Swain, Foster, Powell
    SG - Conwell, Maddox, Foster
    PG - McKnight, Maddox, Green

I know Sean favors 7-8 guys, but with the pace he wants to play out, more guys are going to need more minutes to keep the top guys from wearing out. Jay Wright could only go 7 deep because he played at a pace that was conducive for that. Sean doesn't.
    I think last years "fastbreak every time all the time" approach was due mainly becasue our half court offense was garbage. We had no inside scoring presence, and we couldnt pass out of the post. If i team could get us into the halfcourt, all you had to do was defend the 3 ball from Quincy and the drive from Des.

But it also turned out that McKnight and Des were actually really capable of pushing the ball and playing that style, so I think we will see more of it this year. Furman played an even faster style than we did and they were in the top 5 (i think) in 3 point attemps. My guess is that Foster is ideal for this type of system.

The way you use depth is to put constant pressure on the ball. Pick up the ball handler in the backcourt and make him work the entire time getting the ball upcourt. Continue the ball pressure in the halfcourt. All ten players on the court will be winded, and then we bring in fresh guys. The opponent may elect to stick with their guys and run the risk of sloppy hands and slow feet. or they may go to their bench and have to face our "starting quality" backups.

Depth does no good if you dont use it.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    24/7 has Des ranked #36 and ESPN has him ranked #39.
    Yeah, The Athletic had Conwell as a top 10 guy when he committed. They are all over the place, it’s why it’s hard to really put stock in portal rankings. As for Claude, Trilly is saying Nova is the favorite to land him….that roster is currently awful. But maybe he’d get a shot at PG?
    Last edited by Xavier; 04-22-2024 at 12:54 PM.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post

Depth does no good if you dont use it.
    I think some of us probably just have a different ideas of how many guys into the bench constitutes using depth and what using it looks like.

Having good depth to me isn't line changing 5 guys and playing 10-11 15+ mins.

I think anyone who is hoping from that next year from Miller is going to be disappointed.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Yeah, The Athletic had Conwell as a top 10 guy when he committed. They are all over the place, it’s why it’s hard to really put stock in portal rankings. As for Claude, Trilly is saying Nova is the favorite to land him….that roster is currently awful. But maybe he’d get a shot at PG?
    Wow, that would be somethin.

Given the state of Nova and their current head coach, I'd call that a lateral move.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Agree on their current roster

I saw Armstrong put his name in draft with an option to come back. Honestly, don’t see him getting drafted and just going back to Nova. If that’s the case, Armstrong will be pg.

Hard to imagine someone is telling themselves they would rather play for Neptune over Sean. Oh well

I do want Des to find a good spot, but I do NOT want it to be in the Big East.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Hey, if he wants to brick 3s for Nova, let him.

No reason to feel bad about the numbers we are losing to the portal.
    A 10th player from Duke's roster just declared