https://247sports.com/Player/Keyshawn-Hall-46125439/

And this shooting guard from Northern KY University
    https://247sports.com/Player/Marques-Warrick-46148580/

All time leading scorer for NKU

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post

This is a prime "chess piece" type guy and a portal gambling chip. Look at Mark Sears out of OU....how did we miss out on him in our backyard? He was in no way a surefire stud at Ohio.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-26-2024 at 09:18 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post

I think he also declared for the NBA Draft - there's no guarantee he'll even return for another season.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    I don’t know much about this kid either but tell me some stats about this kid that should get me excited? He averaged nearly but not a double double in a very weak conference. We expected this to transfer to the Big East? He seems to have games with double double type stats and other games where he barely produced at all. Decent stats against Louisville and Auburn but 2 points 8 rebounds against ETSU and 5 points 6 rebounds against Samford. Seems like he disappeared at times during the season. The free throw shooting is a valid concern. This program seems to produce guys who can’t shoot free throws consistently. To win close games in this conference, you need to make your free throws. Something that this kid will struggle to do for the program. I guess you can’t teach height and athleticism so if he is a rotational squad player ok. If we are asking him to be a starter or 6th man type, we are going to struggle next season. Hopefully there are additional forwards Miller is trying to bring in as well.
    Again, I know nothing about him.

I do know Quincy Olivari came from Rice into the Big East and had better numbers in the Big East, so it isn't like that improvement despite stepping up in conference isn't possible. I trust Miller to know what we need and identify the traits in players he sees that he believes will make them successful at Xavier and in the Big East.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

It’s occurring to me that we’re not just recruiting a player, but negotiating with them while also negotiating against the boogeyman. If it hasn’t happened already, I assume player will eventually retain an agent to get the best deal possible. I like this Smith kid….at the right NIL price. We can offer him maybe 200k of our 2-3M pool. Maybe a little more. Then his agent says he’s got a guaranteed starting job for 300k. He doesn’t have to show us the offer or maybe that offer doesn’t exist. But we want the guy and match the boogeyman for 300k. As a result, we have just a little leas for that #7 or #8 guy off the bench. Or the PF that could hit from outside.

The reality is that we are in a sellers market, and relying on a coach to make these deals work. Unless I’m wrong and we’ve got a deal guy working for us. Does anyone know?

The bottom line is that I would expect that most 18-21 year old kids would take more money to play on Mars if it came down to it.

Sophomore
    If Robby Avila is available from Indiana State would XU fans want him? Could get cut it in the Big East?

I say we give him $500,000 and call it a day.

McKnight
    Claude
    Swain
    Freemantle
    Avila

Hunter
    Green
    Djokovic

That is a solid 8

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    I think he also declared for the NBA Draft - there's no guarantee he'll even return for another season.
    He’s not going to make the NBA. I’ve seen him play a couple of times. While he’s a good player, he’s not a great dominating player, and he’s not very tall. Listed as 6’2”, and that might be generous. I’m really kind of surprised that X has contacted him, but he is a proven scorer and he is close by. IMO would be a nice backup, good for 10-15 min. a night, but I don’t think he would be a starter.

Almost every one of them could declare for the draft and still say that they could still transfer. A negotiation ploy for 99% of them that do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincypunk.org View Post
    If Robby Avila is available from Indiana State would XU fans want him? Could get cut it in the Big East?

McKnight
    Claude
    Swain
    Freemantle
    Avila

Hunter
    Green
    Djokovic

That is a solid 8
    He scored 22 points last night and showed good passing skills but at 6’10” and lots of weight he only had 4 rebounds. Not very mobile on defense either. I don’t think that is what Miller is looking for.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincypunk.org View Post

McKnight
    Claude
    Swain
    Freemantle
    Avila

Hunter
    Green
    Djokovic

That is a solid 8
    Not enough shooting. Need to add a Quincy type 3 point shooter.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17