Page 120 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1720
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Is anyone hearing if we have a realistic shot with one of more of these bigs?

Cliff Omoruyi 6-11 (Rutgers ) 10.4 ppg 8.3 rpg 2.9 bpg - good rim protecting. rebounder. shot blocker. Seems percent fit for X.

Danny Wolf 7-0 (Yale) 14.1 ppg 9.7 rpg 1.3 bpg

Jonas Aidoo 6-11 (Tennessee) 11.4 ppg 7.3 rpg 1 bpg

Javon Porter 6-11 (Pepperdine) 16.2 ppg 5.9 rpg 1 bpg

Amari Williams 6-10 (Drexel) 12.2 ppg 7.8 ppg 1.8 bpg

Vladislav Goldin 7-1 (Florida Atl) 15.7 ppg 6.9 rpg 1.6 bpg

Goldin supposedly was leaning towards Michigan (where his Coach Dusty May is going) but now UCONN has reached out to him - so I don’t he is an option.
    The Arizona guy got 1.2M to go to Indiana. Thats strictly a "business decision" there. Why you would leave Arizona is beyond me.

In any case, he probably sets the ceiling in terms of NIL. But I would assume this list of guys would all still command 500K plus. Not sure that we have that kind of room.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    If they get Maddox and Comwell, does it tell us something about Dez? We have a crowded mix at the 1/2/3 with McKnight, green, Foster, Comwell, Maddox and Dez.

Who is the backup ballhandler in that group? I would have assumed Green, but if Dez sticks around I wonder if Miller has told him he can run some point....

Extending this a little further, Swain pencils in as a 3 that can play a little small ball 4. this team could be very deep. need 1 more big that can play right away and maybe sign a "project" as well just in case.
    I think if Conwell commits, Green is probably gone. I just don't see him sticking around because his minutes are going to be pretty small. I mean Maddox would probably even be a bench player in this scenario.

Here is how I'd see it:

PG- Mcknight, Maddox
    SG--Conwell, Maddox, Powell
    SF-- Des, Swain, Powell
    PF- Free, Hunter, Swain
    C-- Hugley

Like you said, get one more big and X is in great shape in this scenario. IMO a Top 25 for sure and maybe even top 15.

Looks like AJ Storr flipped to Kansas.

So he played a year at St. Johns, transferred to Wisconsin and played a year. Then committed to Illinois, then uncommited from Illinois and has committed to Kansas.

I'm sure hes going to make alot of life long friendships during his college years. WTF??? Enjoy the college experience a little bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I think if Conwell commits, Green is probably gone. I just don't see him sticking around because his minutes are going to be pretty small. I mean Maddox would probably even be a bench player in this scenario.

Here is how I'd see it:

PG- Mcknight, Maddox
    SG--Conwell, Maddox, Powell
    SF-- Des, Swain, Powell
    PF- Free, Hunter, Swain
    C-- Hugley

Like you said, get one more big and X is in great shape in this scenario. IMO a Top 25 for sure and maybe even top 15.
    No Foster? I didnt think he was our answer to replace Q, but he's an experienced & proven guy that could help most teams in a 6th man kinda role.

No Foster? I didnt think he was our answer to replace Q, but he's an experienced & proven guy that could help most teams in a 6th man kinda role.
    LOL. We are already forgetting guys.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Sophomore
    I just think about "roles" on a team. There are like 8-9 key roles. You have starters, then a backup ballhandler, a backup 2/3, a backup 3/4, a backup 4/5. You need a perimeter shooter and a stretch shooter off the bench. Some of the guys can fulfill more than one of the backup roles.

I see Green as a fit for backup ballhandler and perimeter shooter.

Given that we have some actual VACANCIES for the starting positions, it would seem that our recruiting focus should be on filling those. This is not dissimilar to my thoughts when all 3 of Ciani, Abou, and Nzeh left. One of those guys could have been the backup 4/5. Them all leaving just created another need.

I'd like to keep Green. Dont know if that means we wont be getting one of these other guys, but of well.

In this current environment, it might makes sense to just go deep and play very up tempo. Tell guys that 15-25 minutes a night is the range they should expect. Get 8-9 guys where the talent drop off is not so severe as it normally is when you got to the bench. Play fast and try to take advantage of teh opponent needing to give their main guys a rest. You could stock up on decent sized 2/3 players from the portal to do this.
    Admittedly, my expertise with bball X’s and O’s Does not stretch much beyond 7th-grade weave and motion, but I kind of like the sound of this. We’d have a floor general on the court at all times between McKnight and Claude, and we could really push an aggressive tempo. I know Sean has historically shortened the bench throughout the season, but I also know one of his greatest strengths is being adaptable as a coach. It will be interesting to see how this roster shakes out.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Supporting Member
    Ha already forgot him...whoops :) So yeah even more depth at the 2-4

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Sadly, none of those guys are linked with X at all. Porter is probably going to Mizzou, the rest are mostly blueblood schools. X is more in line with bigs below this tier.
    Don’t forget about the international market. I know the last batch did not go over as well as we would have hoped, but Sean has insisted this will be part of the formula.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

UCONN proved that the "bench shortening" days of college basketball may be over for any program that wants to make serious noise in the NCAAT.

More precisely, it is about having fresh legs and the ability to weather injuries throughout a season. Get deep as possible with respect to bench strength. Then go about redefining what "bench" means. Change it from sit still, watch and wait your turn next season to be ready to go now and within this role we've carved out for you for this season. Easier said than done, perhaps, but seasons are long grinds, and selling kids on being able to realize meaningful, productive minutes over the course of an entire season should resonate with the kind of kids we're after - team-oriented, not me first (i.e. need to miss this next shoot around, because I have to pick up my new Tahoe).

I think we may be building towards something special. Last year was a nightmare anomaly. Jack Nunge was able to come back from serious injuries and distinguished himself in a Xavier uniform. I understand the concern over the injury bug, but maybe it's our time this coming season. Maybe these guys - including Hunter - are able to experience what Jack experienced while going deeper in the tournament.

I trust Sean Miller. He will get us there.
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    UCONN proved that the "bench shortening" days of college basketball may be over for any program that wants to make serious noise in the NCAAT.

More precisely, it is about having fresh legs and the ability to weather injuries throughout a season. Get deep as possible with respect to bench strength. Then go about redefining what "bench" means. Change it from sit still, watch and wait your turn next season to be ready to go now and within this role we've carved out for you for this season. Easier said than done, perhaps, but seasons are long grinds, and selling kids on being able to realize meaningful, productive minutes over the course of an entire season should resonate with the kind of kids we're after - team-oriented, not me first (i.e. need to miss this next shoot around, because I have to pick up my new Tahoe).

I think we may be building towards something special. Last year was a nightmare anomaly. Jack Nunge was able to come back from serious injuries and distinguished himself in a Xavier uniform. I understand the concern over the injury bug, but maybe it's our time this coming season. Maybe these guys - including Hunter - are able to experience what Jack experienced while going deeper in the tournament.

I trust Sean Miller. He will get us there.
    uconn played a max of 8 guys actual PT. Not saying it isn't true, but all they proved was that if you have 7 really good players that cover all the positions you will win a lot of games lol.