Page 112 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1553
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Just saw it from RB. Said he had canceled his visit to Nebraska after the X visit. I’m hoping that he is physically fit and ready to go. I think he will be a really good addition to the roster. YAY!
    He’s listed at 6’10”, 275. Interesting stat— I read on Pitt’s site that he had the most free throws made and attempted in the ACC a couple years ago. Hope we get something close to that version.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    He’s listed at 6’10”, 275. Interesting stat— I read on Pitt’s site that he had the most free throws made and attempted in the ACC a couple years ago. Hope we get something close to that version.
    Hope his knee and mental health are both solid. We need his best.

This is not the center who starts right?

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    You did watch the finals bewteen 7'4" Edey and 7'2" Clingan, right?
    Curious as to what you thought the difference was watching that game? Edey or UConn guards/wing play.

Edey put up 37 while getting blown out. Purdue starting guards/wings were 6/20 with 17 points.
    Clingan had 11 while UConn starting guards/wings had 46 points

Just saying, mostly good guard play can carry you in March a lot easier than a strong big can.
    Last edited by Xavier; 04-16-2024 at 05:02 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post

Lots of variables to that question. If he’s the sophomore Pitt Hugley then he absolutely starts. If x doesn’t get anyone else at the 5, then he starts. If either of those are not true, then he will be a rotational guy getting anywhere from 10-20.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Curious as to what you thought the difference was watching that game? Edey or UConn guards/wing play.

Edey put up 37 while getting blown out. Purdue starting guards/wings were 6/20 with 17 points.

Just saying, mostly good guard play can carry you in March a lot easier than a strong big can.
    Nonsequitur. Edey got them there, period. Better guards and no Edey, back in the pack. UConn had an elite C and elite others

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by profson View Post
    Nonsequitur. Edey got them there, period. Better guards and no Edey, back in the pack. UConn had an elite C and elite others
    What about St Perers?

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post

Right now he’d have to be penciled in as the starter. But that is a fluid situation based on who else X might pick up and how well he plays. If he can give X 14/7 on a regular basis I think that he will be all they need there.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Right now he’d have to be penciled in as the starter. But that is a fluid situation based on who else X might pick up and how well he plays. If he can give X 14/7 on a regular basis I think that he will be all they need there.
    My vote would be that we not plan on him starting every game, while averaging 40 MPG. We need more front court help, end of story.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post

Well, 2 things. This was the pre-season matchup. the finals turned out pretty much as people expected.

if I recall it was a tight game in teh first half and Purdue wasnt hitting 3s. maybe not even taking them. 2nd half was ugly.

But what I do recall is that our guys were timid vs Edey and we got waxed by UCOnn 2x with Clingan. i'd like to have a least a serviceable big. I realize guards are necessary, but we never had a shot this year

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Lots of variables to that question. If he’s the sophomore Pitt Hugley then he absolutely starts. If x doesn’t get anyone else at the 5, then he starts. If either of those are not true, then he will be a rotational guy getting anywhere from 10-20.
    he looks good to me. No center can play 40 minutes, so we need another guys similar to hugley to split time. Gotta add one more BIG big. Maybe one that can shoot from 3.

edit: actually maybe add one more that is more of a rim protector. Still need that.
    Last edited by MHettel; 04-16-2024 at 05:58 PM.