Page 103 of 156 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1553
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    or, this is just stuff imagined on a message board.
    He needs to work on his shooting. He doesn’t need to transfer to accomplish that.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    He needs to work on his shooting. He doesn’t need to transfer to accomplish that.
    True, but he does if he wants to be a 1 which is his direct route and highest ceiling to the nba. If he can show he can shoot and play the 1, that’s first round pick with potential for lottery. NBA scouts are going to see him at the 3 and compare him to Colby.. 2nd round pick with upside. Which is fine if that’s the route he wants to go, but I don’t fault him if he wants to show what he can do at the 1 and get all the money he possibly can.

Deaaron fox didn’t show he could shoot in college at all, but he had point guard skills and got drafted fifth. He’s 3 inches shorter than des.
    Last edited by Xville; 04-13-2024 at 01:10 PM.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I think you missed his point. There’s no credible information out there Des is actually even considering transferring or entering the portal.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Money concerns have sometimes created huge riffs in locker rooms and affected team chemistry to a point where teams do not achieve the results that they are capable of. But only sometimes. It’s not an inevitable situation. Baseball players have been getting paid for 150 years now. Most of those years with no Union, no salary cap, and no revenue sharing. Football, Basketball, and Hockey for not as long, but the same way. Of course I’m talking about pro sports. But let’s get over the idea that pro always mean grownup or mature. They can be just as childish and selfish as any college player. Yet we hear about how good the locker room is on teams like the Bengals and how much the players love each other. We hear how the players understand the business side of the sport and also can leave that out of the locker room. Lack of team unity and friction between players, because of players getting paid, is not inevitable. IMHO it’s not even something that we should expect to happen everywhere. Will it happen on SOME teams? Sure. But I don’t expect it to be any more prevalent than it is on current professional teams. It is going to be the coaches job to make sure it doesn’t happen and good coaches will make sure it doesn’t. I don’t see much difference between money jealousy and playing time jealousy. Players are already getting upset about not getting playing time, and that leads to transfers sometimes. That’s happened for years. I don’t see the money part of it being any bigger of a deal. Just my opinion.
    Perhaps we could amplify your point by looking at what might be kind of a flipside to all of this: existing players wanting talent to be infused in order to have a better shot at the F4 and a NC. So, we end up with a legitimate five who we are able to pay a sufficiently handsome number. Perhaps both Fremantle and HUNTER see that as a path beyond the S16.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I think you missed his point. There’s no credible information out there Des is actually even considering transferring or entering the portal.
    There is also no reason for Dez not to declare that he is returning. The absence of that declaration is enough for me to have doubts.

Sophomore
    Goodman tweeted Lazar has committed to Charleston. Good chance for him to get PT. Solid get for Mack.

We are all entitled to our opinions, so here comes mine with respect to Dez: I will be gobsmacked if he leaves Xavier.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    We are all entitled to our opinions, so here comes mine with respect to Dez: I will be gobsmacked if he leaves Xavier.

Well we certainly don’t want that to happen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Let’s hope you don’t have to smack your gob. I’ve heard that can be quite painful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Junior
    2 opinions

1. You have to be able to make the 3 to stick in the NBA. He’s not shown that yet. I don’t see the point in trying to showcase his balllhandling skills as a PG if he’s still struggling from 3. Demonstrating excellent handles will not make up for that. The key for him should be working on his shot. He could be an NBA 2G if he adds that.

2. The NBA will find talent. They always do. There is no need to go elsewhere.

Part of me wonder if Dez is just looking for the biggest NIL, but wants to have a cover story on why he would leave. Looks a lot less selfish that way.
    I’m not totally sure I agree on the 2nd point, I think there’s loads of talent in Europe that, if placed on the right team, would be very good in the NBA too. If you don’t get drafted, it’s a hard road to get back to the NBA.

Still, we kinda agree on his path. I don’t see loads of athleticism from des (speed, spurtability) to be an NBA PG. I don’t see great ball handling skills, excellent vision, or passing ability that screams nba PG. And maybe he has it and wants to find somewhere to show it off. His size and strength would work if he became a great shooter, though.

And for the record, I want him back because it he does add the outside shot to go with his great mismatch his strength and size presents- he will be a great player. If his shot only got slightly better, he’s a talented player that we can replace in the portal just fine.