Page 85 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    He's going to SLU with the coach

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Would love him at X but guessing he ends up at SLU with Schertz which is the 2nd best destination for me.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Would love him at X but guessing he ends up at SLU with Schertz which is the 2nd best destination for me.
    It's just one particular instance, but it is rather interesting that he's following his coach to SLU (I'm assuming XUMIOH12's definitive statement means it is a done deal).

SLU is a great school, and you can't knock their facilities, given that they essentially copied the Cintas Center, but you could argue that he is "settling" for an A10 experience because of the emphasis he is placing on his relationship with his coach.

No problem, btw. It's actually rather refreshing if this is how all this is going down with him.

On a mostly unrelated note, how fortunate was Hurley to snag Newton and Spencer. They both start their careers at mid-majors and end up with the confetti dropping on their heads last night, with Newton living that dream twice.

I can still see the look on Newton's face after he fouled Freemantle, and we all know what happened after that. Technical City, Baby!
    X A V I E R

Son of Uber Driver ?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Son of Uber Driver ?
    If you saw him play, he carries a bit of "Stain" in him.
    He's got an eye for the open shooter once he's doubled in the post.

Supporting Member
    Would love that guy on x but yeah good for him for apparently following his coach

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    It's just one particular instance, but it is rather interesting that he's following his coach to SLU (I'm assuming XUMIOH12's definitive statement means it is a done deal).

SLU is a great school, and you can't knock their facilities, given that they essentially copied the Cintas Center, but you could argue that he is "settling" for an A10 experience because of the emphasis he is placing on his relationship with his coach.

No problem, btw. It's actually rather refreshing if this is how all this is going down with him.

On a mostly unrelated note, how fortunate was Hurley to snag Newton and Spencer. They both start their careers at mid-majors and end up with the confetti dropping on their heads last night, with Newton living that dream twice.

I can still see the look on Newton's face after he fouled Freemantle, and we all know what happened after that. Technical City, Baby!
    A player is making a decision on schools based on relationships and not strictly cash? Impossible

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kane79 View Post
    A player is making a decision on schools based on relationships and not strictly cash? Impossible
    Yeah that’s not possible according to some clueless posters here. I mean there is one in particular here who probably thinks he’s going to slu because they offer the most nil not because he’s following the coach.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Perhaps we can get some of the crumbs left over from the Kentucky and Arkansas situations.
    Doesn’t seem like we are linked with any of their portal players. I’d be a bit more concerned about their coaches going after our main targets in the portal. Especially with Kentucky most likely having to rebuild their roster like Kelsey is having to do at Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Would love that guy on x but yeah good for him for apparently following his coach
    Did you watch him play? He doesn't play any defense.