Page 45 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    You waste people's time with your bullshit.
    I mean it’s a message board. Who’s not wasting their time?

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    I think D1 college sports and college basketball in general are a complete mess. First, why would you open the transfer portal before the tournament season is over? Just dumb decision making. Just wait until a hot shot player at a mid-major leaves mid way through the NCAA tournament to secure a big NIL contract at a big school. Second, NIL from what I have read wasn’t created to force schools to create NIL collections to pay recruits and players to make and keep them within the program. I am all for players making money but not in the way that has created a MLB like free agency. Now you have programs like James Madison who did well this season being absolutely gutted by the all mighty dollar. Players can jump from program to program without penalty to chase the highest dollar. How is that helping the student athlete get and complete their education NCAA? I love Xavier basketball and still watch when I can with a young family but it is hard to support D1 sports in general based on the wild Wild West approach to the transfer portal and NIL. Thankfully I live near a D2 program that I got my masters from that I can support without all of this NIL nonsense and limited transfer portal stuff.
    It’s not like the NCAA or the schools volunteered for all this. The players, ex-players, and courts are responsible for it. The NCAA is hesitant to put a lot of rules out there because every time they do they get sued and they lose. Ultimately it’s probably going to take either some congressional involvement or the players forming a union and a collective bargaining agreement be agreed to. I don’t think that is going to be fixed easily or quickly.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Only hope I have now is Miller and coaches know X has a NIL $ package of close to $3 million and plans on spending ,most of that $ on solid top 30 transfers…
    Whether or not X has $3M for NIL, I can’t imagine the plan is to burn it all this offseason. I guess I don’t know, but it seems it would make sense to also be building the war chest for the future. I’m not sure how this is sustainable regardless, but to blow the wad each year? No way.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muskieindent View Post
    This is going to be the norm every year.You'll see a few guys stay but half the team will need to be replaced.I wonder how long Sean will want to deal with this garbage.
    Are you kidding me? Sean wanted nothing to do with most of this roster for another year. I am having a hard time understanding the X fans feeling this turnover is a bad thing. Can someone explain that to me?

Also, Sean has a few million reasons per year to keep dealing with it.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Maybe NIL deals need to start being contractual for multiple years? Sign up and you can’t leave for the term. Seems to work for the pros.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    It’s not like the NCAA or the schools volunteered for all this. The players, ex-players, and courts are responsible for it. The NCAA is hesitant to put a lot of rules out there because every time they do they get sued and they lose. Ultimately it’s probably going to take either some congressional involvement or the players forming a union and a collective bargaining agreement be agreed to. I don’t think that is going to be fixed easily or quickly.
    The NCAA is responsible for it. If they agreed to reasonable allowances a long time ago it likely wouldn't have got to this point.

A restaurant in a college town couldn't comp a meal for a player who had a great tourney or game bc the school and player would be in big trouble. OSU players couldn't get free tattoos. The level of arrogance and lack of compromise by the NCAA led us to this point.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Are you kidding me? Sean wanted nothing to do with most of this roster for another year. I am having a hard time understanding the X fans feeling this turnover is a bad thing. Can someone explain that to me?

Thank you for being a constant voice of reason here.
    X A V I E R

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post

Yep. Said right after the season that the same people complaining about the team will be complaining that so much of the team will be going to portal. Sean has said you have to embrace change and it seems like he’s doing just that

Based on what I’ve heard said, and also read, my guess that Sean didn’t expect all of these transfers. But I also wasn’t privy to the one on one meetings between Sean and the players, nor was I were I could hear any of the discussions between the coaches. So I could be completely off base. No matter. The fact remains that no matter if it was expected, desired, or what, there are a lot of open roster spots to be filled. I’m confident that the staff will bring in the best players that they can. Lack of potential playing time shouldn’t be much of an issue for any of the players that X will be talking with.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Yep. Said right after the season that the same people complaining about the team will be complaining that so much of the team will be going to portal. Sean has said you have to embrace change and it seems like he’s doing just that
    So true.

Sean promised to never have a roster this bad again. Has a lot of work to do in the portal but seems to me a good start to not having a roster this bad again is to not bring back the whole roster to run it back, lol.