Page 36 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    WHOA! Committed!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../marcus-foster

BOOM!

And yes I know people will nitpick and see the 3pt percentage this year, but 6'4 200 and rebounds well at this position.'

It's a good start. 3 more!
    Not to be confused with former Creighton player Marcus Foster.

I watched some vids of Powell awhile back and looked rail thin to my eyes. Typical high schooler. I would think contributions similar to swain and green

All-Conference
    Sucks to have to part ways, but Gytis, Ciani, Nzeh, Duncomb weren't the answers, and pretty sure that's pretty obvious.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Fan View Post
    It sounds like some posters want Mhettel to go away because he is not currently a Sean Miller cheerleader. All boards need a Mhettel to keep us cheerleaders’ honest. . At the moment Mhettel has the upper hand and we , who currently remain confident in Sean , hope that 2024/25 will justify that confidence.
    We have two narratives on 2023/24. The first is that our front court was a disaster because Sean got blindsided by Freemantle and Hunter’s preseason injuries and was forced to fish from the bottom of the barrel. A more balanced view would be Hunter’s injury was unforeseeable but Freemantle’s was not. Foot injuries to College basketball players can be career ending. He had left foot surgery in 2021, and re-injured it in early 2023. Both times he had a full set of hardware inserted into his foot.The foot is the most complex mechainical structure in the human body composed of 33 joints , 26 bones, and more than a hundred muscles , tendons and ligaments which is , when walking subject to the force of one’s weight, and when jumping two feet and landing on a wood floor , subject to 10 tens that weight. Now when the bones and tendons have been twice damaged and fractured , and then surgically repaired with plates and screws, jumping and landing on that foot is not generally orthopedically recommended.
    In summary, it is fair to say :
    (1). We all hope and pray Freemantle can return and play and has a long career .
    (2). We need a sharp shooting 1 and a Big East ready 4 and 5.
    (2) Each roster addition will receive intense scrutiny.
    (3). Sean has a lot to accomplish and we are pulling for him.
    ( 4) We hope Mhettel is not prophetic.
    In my case, not the slightest bit true. I always read what Hettel thinks and he has become the board's quant. Nor do I mind views contrary to my own. I'm just saying that we are only a week into the portal and already our first get is labeled a disappointment. We should all let this play out.

I expect Miller to bring in more from the portal but I also think he will add a young "big", somebody with talent and physical prowess who can assist in providing the continuity Miller believes the program needs.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    I don't begrudge anyone who chooses to present questions about the moves Sean is making. In any year, but especially this year, we can certainly debate the moves without being overly critical, with blind acceptance or resignation.

We are probably (certainly) not going to get all the best players available. That doesn't mean we can't hope to get as many as possible or as close to the top a possible.

The first one does not seem to fit the category, so 0 for 1 so far. We are still at bat, but the odds of scoring aren't as good. Not bad, just not as good.
    Where did I make anything personal? And I was giving you a hard time. You said we are 0-1 in the portal additions. That’s absurd to say at this point.

Just read Broering’s breakdown and seems to be a legit addition. More so bc Miller obviously targeted him early than anything I’ve read.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    No, losing all 3 of the big guys was a problem when i first mentioned it about a week ago and said that i hope that we keep at least one of them. We dont need 3 of those guys, but we also dont need zero of them. I would have taken any of the 3 and installed them firmly in the backup Center role. Then i would have made starting Center my #1 portal priority. My #2 priority would be shooting guard that is deadly from deep. Then i'd go after a stretch 4, even if shooting is the primary thing that guy does well.

And just to Clarify, I never "complained about the 3 big guys." I saw Ciani as a serviceable backup in the Sean O'Mara mold. Plenty of posts about that. I called for Nzeh to get a shot to play EARLY during the Big East schedule when I called it a "lost season", while you and the other cheerleaders were insisting we'd be 13-7. NZeh turned out to show the exact potential I was hoping for and I hate to see him go. I also said that I think Abou is decent defensively and as a rebounder and would have been "hidden" offensively if we had Free available who is pretty much the opposite. i would have taken Abou back as well, but not as a starter and only for about 15 minutes a game.
    Oh so you’re complaining about losing three backup frontcourt players. Glad we got that cleared up. Even more ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Oh so you’re complaining about losing three backup frontcourt players. Glad we got that cleared up. Even more ridiculous
    No I'm saying that any of the 3 could have been the role of backup Center next year. We have a bunch of holes to fill for next year. And all 3 of them leaving just creates one more hole to fill.

Do you think we're going to get a backup center that is any better than Ciani or NZeh or Abou would be? i think we'll just end up with another guy that is just about the same so why not just keep one of them and focus your portal activity a little more? I dont expect a huge upgrade here. Id be fine if one of the guys comes back from the portal.

All-Conference
    No I'm saying that any of the 3 could have been the role of backup Center next year. We have a bunch of holes to fill for next year. And all 3 of them leaving just creates one more hole to fill.

Do you think we're going to get a backup center that is any better than Ciani or NZeh or Abou would be? i think we'll just end up with another guy that is just about the same so why not just keep one of them and focus your portal activity a little more? I dont expect a huge upgrade here. Id be fine if one of the guys comes back from the portal.
    Lazar is a more than capable front-court reserve.

If and when we don't get a front-court upgrade, you may have a point. But it's very, very, very early.

All-Conference

If and when we don't get a front-court upgrade, you may have a point. But it's very, very, very early.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post

Yep. Lazar has the most potential out of any of them imo. Even if he leaves, which I doubt at this point and called, then I’m pretty sure backup center/forward is still not going to be a major concern.