Page 33 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    He is one piece to the puzzle. Let's see who else they get.
    Let's not get too distraught yet. He's just one guy. Hettel, you can be extremely negative and it gets to be a pain in the ass, hearing your downbeat assessment over and over again. Give Miller a chance.

Step One is create the openings. Nobody is going to want to transfer here unless they believe minutes are available. So, first let Miller free up some minutes. Then he can go out and get players he (not you, not me) believes can help move this team forward. That's Step Two.

Give the negativity a rest. Please.

Let Miller do his job without all the back seat driving.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Do you ever take the Blue Glasses off?

13-7. I'll bring it up again. there is absolutely nothing logical about that prediction. We were like 5-5 and you were sticking to that. Yeah, we were gonna finish 8-2. Your outlook is colored with your fandom. Its like these are your children, and they can do no wrong.

I thought Miller didnt have his best year this year. Does that mean I permanently think that Miller is a terrible coach? NO. But he had a crap roster this year that he put together. Own it and move on.

So moving on, I'm carefully watching the moves we make over the next several weeks. I think losing all 3 of our big guys is a problem. Maybe he wanted them to leave, or maybe he didnt. But we for sure now need a starting Center and a backup big from the portal from the portal that is sparce with quality bigs. Supply and demand basics will mean that we will need to overpay for average bigs, which will limit what else we can do in the portal. And we need shooting. Like, ALOT of shooting.

And I said, lets see what the role will be for this guy. If he's the replacement for Qunicy (who replaced Boum nicely), then i think we might be in trouble. Thats a "meh" pickup. But if hes a rotational guy then thats actually great.

And maybe I'm wrong and this guy goes from being a 30% shooter to a 40% shooter....but how often does that happen?

i thijnk the roster management has been iffy for the last 2 years. Sean inherited the team last year and really only added Boum to replace Scrugss. he did a GREAT job of tinkering the offense and we had versatile guys like Colby, Jack, Free, Kunk, etc. But we also kept Tandy, Ceasar, and Miles as dead weight. And that cost us, casue this year we had to try to make a run at it with a bunch of spare parts. and it didnt work, and we are in EXACTLY that spot again. We are not close to being competitive. We need a MAJOR talent influx. Adding a 5th year guy from a .500 Furman team doesnt excite me, especially for the long term.
    lol this is classic. In your opinion, Losing all 3 of the big guys is now a problem, when you complained about said 3 big guys and how miller did a poor job in the portal last year. You’re a catch 22.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    I could be off base here, but you think a guy who averaged 17 PPG at a decent mid-major is coming in expecting to play 10 MPG, in his fifth and final year, for a program that’s made one tourney appearance the past six years?
    Well it was between X, Cal, and Indiana. So, I think going to the team that finished 2nd in the Big East and went to sweet 16 is probably the better option- even if it’s in a 15-18 minute role. Unless you think Cal and Indiana has had a better two year stretch (since Sean has been back).?

But he's more coming to the school that finished 9th in the Big East. Let's not do that again, by the way. Did not enjoy.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Fan View Post
    I am with you on Sean Miller. I know one tenth about College basketball that he does. But it is ok to speculate on how Sean thinks he fits. You know the returning guards. You know we need a real 3 point shooter with Olivari leaving. Is this his replacement. If not , which of the other guys will sit when he is on the floor?
    Why don't we let more than a week of the end of the season play out before we judge any portal additions. We are doing so with little/incomplete information, it makes no sense to try and guess what Miller has in store for this player at this time.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I don't begrudge anyone who chooses to present questions about the moves Sean is making. In any year, but especially this year, we can certainly debate the moves without being overly critical, with blind acceptance or resignation.

We are probably (certainly) not going to get all the best players available. That doesn't mean we can't hope to get as many as possible or as close to the top a possible.

The first one does not seem to fit the category, so 0 for 1 so far. We are still at bat, but the odds of scoring aren't as good. Not bad, just not as good.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    I could be off base here, but you think a guy who averaged 17 PPG at a decent mid-major is coming in expecting to play 10 MPG, in his fifth and final year, for a program that’s made one tourney appearance the past six years?
    The is a big gap between starter and 10 mins per game friend.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post

The first one does not seem to fit the category, so 0 for 1 so far. We are still at bat, but the odds of scoring aren't as good. Not bad, just not as good.
    Hilarious. Guy hasn't even put on a Xavier uniform and he is already a miss.

Send Sean and email and alert him, save him a roster spot.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Hilarious. Guy hasn't even put on a Xavier uniform and he is already a miss.

Send Sean and email and alert him, save him a roster spot.
    Get a grip.

If someone (not me, necessarily) has the opinion that this is not one of the top guys in the portal, why give him grief? Looking at the stats, there is at least room for someone to have an opinion. I might not agree with him either, but I'm not calling him out for it.

If you don't agree, make the argument. No need to make it personal.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Get a grip.

If someone (not me, necessarily) has the opinion that this is not one of the top guys in the portal, why give him grief? Looking at the stats, there is at least room for someone to have an opinion. I might not agree with him either, but I'm not calling him out for it.

If you don't agree, make the argument. No need to make it personal.
    Because he has literally complained about every move miller has made for the last year.

Because he literally has an excuse for why miller was such a good coach at Xavier the first time, and at Arizona.

Complained all year about the frontcourt and now complains that they transferred.

It’s constant bitching.

Ugh! 80th ranked in the portal…

He’s an 89, same as Quincy last year.

Rankings mean little if anything anyways… you sir are the one who needs to get a grip. You’ve already declared him as a miss based on nothing.
    Last edited by Xville; 03-27-2024 at 04:52 PM.