Page 108 of 156 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1552
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Im not concerned with tearing Lazar down. But I am fascinated about how some people just refuse to see what is in plain sight. Again, i will liken it to parents and their blindness when it comes to their own children. Their kid is the "cutest" or the "best" on the team, or the "smartest." And they HONESTLY believe it. But nobody agrees with them, but then again nobody calls them out either. So this isnt about Lazar at all....it's me calling you out.

lazar was not good at college basketball this year. And his potential landed him at College of Charleston.
    Never once did I have blindness when it came to Lazar. So, your analogy falls pretty flat. I simply said he had potential, averaged the same as Abou (freshman) when he got real playing time at the end of the season, and could develop.

You turned that into something more, kind of an obsession really.

Lazar could develop at Charleston over the next year or two and then be back at this level or hey may not, we shall see. I wish him well and am rooting for him, just like all former and current X players. I also pointed out he has been very active on twitter thanking everyone at X...gawd forbid.
    Last edited by Xville; 04-15-2024 at 02:39 PM.

Supporting Member
    Dunno if anyone here has noticed, but Kim English and Providence are absolutely killing it in the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Biggest question mark is still multiple Big East bigs. We whiffed on bigs in the portal (mostly a victim of circumstance, but still a true statement) - we need a Tyrique type of guy in the paint. There's not alot out there, and the best ones seem to be too expensive for us. So not sure I'm too optimistic about it.

Need beef in the paint. Priority 1 and 2. Guards are a dime a dozen.
    I might be able to pony up NIL for that.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    I might be able to pony up NIL for that.
    You’re right. Sign me up for TWO!

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Im not concerned with tearing Lazar down. But I am fascinated about how some people just refuse to see what is in plain sight. Again, i will liken it to parents and their blindness when it comes to their own children. Their kid is the "cutest" or the "best" on the team, or the "smartest." And they HONESTLY believe it. But nobody agrees with them, but then again nobody calls them out either. So this isnt about Lazar at all....it's me calling you out.

lazar was not good at college basketball this year. And his potential landed him at College of Charleston.
    To be fair, if we based everything off of their freshmen years, Jason Love, Jimmy Farr and BJ Raymond should have been long gone. Sometimes it takes time to reach potential.

Quote Originally Posted by webxu View Post
    To be fair, if we based everything off of their freshmen years, Jason Love, Jimmy Farr and BJ Raymond should have been long gone. Sometimes it takes time to reach potential.
    What he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by webxu View Post
    Yep...there is a very long list of Xavier Freshmen big men that showed little to nothing, but then reached their potential in later years. That list is much longer than the ones who hit the ground running right out of the gate.

That's the one thing that disappoints me about this new era...we aren't going to see a lot of guys developing over the years anymore. The Farrs and Loves of the world would probably be in the transfer portal right now as well.

I wish we'd have gotten a longer look at Craft (who seemed to be getting comfortable before he got hurt last year) and had a chance to get a look at Ducharme at all (9 total minutes as a Musketeer).

Supporting Member
    Koby Brea is in the portal. One of the best 3p shooters in all of basketball last year. If X can wash the Dayton stink off him, would love to have him...assuming he will be highly sought after by the big dogs.

Sorry if it's already in here somewhere, but I see that Trey Townsend is visiting Louisville, Ohio State and Arizona. Would have liked to have seen him here, of course.