Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    For how many schools did he play? That's four, I think. I wonder if he has a college degree or if he just became a basketball carpetbagger.
    ASU had a guy this year. Jose Perez, 25 years old, 5th year senior, and went to 4 schools. He was their best all-around guard that Hurley didn't use right. When their went sub-500 losing games LA, he left the team completely. He went on to pursue professional opportunities. Fans here had the opinion that when you grab a guy like that he is a mercenary and will treat the situation as such.

McKnight and Ousman are seniors. How are y'all counting them in for next season?

I've heard people mention potential for Freemantle and Hunter too, but again I don't see how they haven't exhausted eligibility.

Really discouraging that guys like Craft and Ducharme couldn't even get on the floor on this team.

For those calling to cut Ciani and Djokovic...I could see Miller doing that to some players with these guys' impact, but given the circumstances of how desperate the team was for big men and that they came from overseas, I bet he'll give them a shot to develop.

It's still hard to find big men and they could turn things around like we've seen with other big men at Xavier. They know the expectations and it's two fewer people to try to get them to gel with the staff. Nzeh was always viewed as a project, but his athleticism is going to be a plus eventually.

Djokovic was billed coming in as more of a shooter, which was false. It would be nice if those guys could stretch the floor, but we might need someone who still has the speed to get back and rebound if necessary.

If Miller gives up on a guy like Green, he's going to have a hard time recruiting prospects. That kid just needs to learn how to organize an offense and play more within a team. That doesn't happen year one.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    McKnight and Ousman are seniors. How are y'all counting them in for next season?

I've heard people mention potential for Freemantle and Hunter too, but again I don't see how they haven't exhausted eligibility.

Really discouraging that guys like Craft and Ducharme couldn't even get on the floor on this team.

For those calling to cut Ciani and Djokovic...I could see Miller doing that to some players with these guys' impact, but given the circumstances of how desperate the team was for big men and that they came from overseas, I bet he'll give them a shot to develop.

It's still hard to find big men and they could turn things around like we've seen with other big men at Xavier. They know the expectations and it's two fewer people to try to get them to gel with the staff. Nzeh was always viewed as a project, but his athleticism is going to be a plus eventually.

Djokovic was billed coming in as more of a shooter, which was false. It would be nice if those guys could stretch the floor, but we might need someone who still has the speed to get back and rebound if necessary.

If Miller gives up on a guy like Green, he's going to have a hard time recruiting prospects. That kid just needs to learn how to organize an offense and play more within a team. That doesn't happen year one.
    Covid year for Abou and Mcknight

Okay. Well I hope Green stays patient, as I could see him becoming sort of a Lavender style player eventually. Miller will have plenty of backcourt competition.

Okay. Well I hope Green stays patient, as I could see him becoming sort of a Lavender style player eventually. Miller will have plenty of backcourt competition.
    Green had a meaningful role this year and did well enough for a freshman. He is a deep threat, and not a dude that just stands in the corner. Given all of the uncertainty, I think miller will plan on him as the first guard off the bench next year.

There are many roles on every team, and he’s got the inside lane for an important one. I doubt he would get much attention and assurances of more PT at a different school that is similar to X. He could drop down a level and someone would probably assure him of starter minutes. I think he stays

Supporting Member
    It seems rare of a guy of his size excelling in the big East. I don’t think he’s even 6’0 and he’s got a small frame. Nembhard and Markus Howard did well but still.. With that said, he obviously can shoot and the other parts of his game can certainly be developed. I think he stays as well and hoping he develops quickly

McKnight, Ousmane, Free, and Hunter all have an extra year because of Covid and/or injury redshirt. The other two were dealing with injuries and better players ahead of them. Olivari is the only scholarship player that is out of eligibility at the end of this season.

Supporting Member
    X has already reached out to this guy… wonder if q knows him and can put in a good word

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../marcus-foster

Looks like his 3pt % went way down this year with more usage so that’s a little concerning

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    X has already reached out to this guy… wonder if q knows him and can put in a good word

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../marcus-foster

Looks like his 3pt % went way down this year with more usage so that’s a little concerning
    So, the portal is not yet open, right? Is this guy a grad transfer? Otherwise I don’t think anyone can actually contact him

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    So, the portal is not yet open, right? Is this guy a grad transfer? Otherwise I don’t think anyone can actually contact him
    He’s a sr so that would be my guess. (Grad transfer). Isn’t Jeremy still coaching there? Maybe he would put in a good word also. No clue if he’s any good.