Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Let's clear up some of these eligibility issues.

1- I understood that all players are eligible to have ONE transfer with no strings attached. They can transfer again after that, but would have to sit out a year. So yeah, Dayvion and Abu can transfer again with that restriction.

2- Ousmane has a 5th "COVID year".

3- ZFree is a tantalizing portal option, if the right NIL chatter can get in his ear.
    You are absolutely wrong. That rule is no longer in place. That's how Aziz and Reynolds at UC became eligible during the season.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Green can be lethal if opposing defenses have to respect the paint. He's probably never going to be a 15+ point average scorer. He needs to get more open shots. Opposing coaches aren't dumb. That won't happen with below average bigs.

You can see the frustration with Olivari the last month. He's 1A on the opposing scouting report every game. Tough for these guards when opposing coaches take away your strengths knowing the bigs aren't going to beat you.
    I guess I have an argument.
    Q Goodin had very good frontcourts over 4 seasons with X. He was never a consistent 3 point threat -between 27-30% from 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Let's clear up some of these eligibility issues.

1- I understood that all players are eligible to have ONE transfer with no strings attached. They can transfer again after that, but would have to sit out a year. So yeah, Dayvion and Abu can transfer again with that restriction.

2- Ousmane has a 5th "COVID year".

3- ZFree is a tantalizing portal option, if the right NIL chatter can get in his ear.
    my understanding is X is paying him this year for basically nothing......so he better return the favor

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    my understanding is X is paying him this year for basically nothing......so he better return the favor
    He’s probably the highest paid guy on the team, while recovering on Xavier’s dime. If he left for more money it would be ultimate scumbag move, IMO.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I guess I have an argument.
    Q Goodin had very good frontcourts over 4 seasons with X. He was never a consistent 3 point threat -between 27-30% from 3.
    Difference is Q wasn't a good shooter.

C'mon, we're talking about two different levels of shooter here. Are you really comparing the two as shooters?

Junior
    Yeah I was going to say the same thing but figured everyone would gloss over it since it was such a bizarre comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Yeah I was going to say the same thing but figured everyone would gloss over it since it was such a bizarre comparison.
    I love Claude but I wouldn't say he is a good 3 point shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Difference is Q wasn't a good shooter.

C'mon, we're talking about two different levels of shooter here. Are you really comparing the two as shooters?
    Clack and Clang, the brick laying brothers…they both were/are bad shooters. However, Claude still has time to turn that around. Way too often he is falling to one side or the other when shooting from 3. He scores well around the basket because he remains balanced when jumping and uses the backboard fairly often when in the paint. But I cringe every time he throws up a 3-pt shot.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 03-08-2024 at 07:18 AM.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Clack and Clang, the brick laying brothers…they both were/are bad shooters. However, Claude still has time to turn that around. Way too often he is falling to one side or the other when shooting from 3. He scores well around the basket because he remains balanced when jumping and uses the backboard fairly often when in the paint. But I cringe every time he throws up a 3-pt shot.
    I thought someone was comparing Green to Goodin above. That's just crazy.

I can understand the Goodin vs Claude comparison.

Don't understand why Claude is such a bad shooter. He has to shoot a ton in the gym. The other parts of his game are smooth, and his shot honestly doesn't even look that bad. I don't get it.