Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    If that's all we have returning, that's not a great start. We'd need AT LEAST three more good players to be competitive.
    yep.....3 more along with Free and Hunter "returning"

Sophomore
    Sadly I'm beginning to think Green will not be back.

Sophomore
    Other than Free and Hunter, assuming they'll be able to play, do we really want anyone on our roster to be a starter next year? Perhaps Claude will do much better as a 4th or 5th offensive option, but the mistakes he consistently makes is maddening.

McKnight, Swain, Green, and perhaps Ciani and Nzeh would be great back-up players. You could also argue that Dokovic might be effective at some point. So yes, we need to find at least 2 starters in the portal - maybe more.

It feels like the program is at a major pivotal moment this off-season for many reasons.

Supporting Member
    Miller loves mcknight and is exactly the kind of player he wants in a pg. tough, gritty, experienced and an extremely high a/to ratio. He’s a keeper. One thing I will say about him, he really wanted to transfer to Louisville, but brain dead Kenny Payne never even called him. With a competent coach, maybe he goes there. He really wanted to play in front of his family. I dunno anything beyond that, or if he would want to go there now, but he did last year. Anyways, Claude will be awesome with a good frontcourt. Assuming free is back, just need a olivari replacement, and a legit 5.

Swain
    Green
    Djokovic
    Nzeh
    Maybe Ciani

Are backfills for next year. Swain and green are probably starting junior year and nzeh could be too depending on development.
    Last edited by Xville; 03-07-2024 at 11:21 AM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    It feels like the program is at a major pivotal moment this off-season for many reasons.
    Yes. Very much so.

Sophomore
    I def want swain and McKnight back

Junior
    Why would people not want Claude back? He definitely makes some maddening mistakes, I agree. But he is a sophomore who was 10th in the league in PPG. That’s with teams knowing they don’t have to worry about 2/5 players on the court and can sag/help all game. He’s going to be an all BE player next year with a summer of improving and the addition of a capable front court.

McKnight is 5th in the BE in assists. (.1 behind 4th place). He fits the system perfectly. I just think people underestimate how the incapable frontcourt impacted everything.

All-Conference
    This team needs Claude and Claude needs a capable front-court to explode next year.

The roster holes are glaringly obvious, and it's pretty much been this way for 5 of the last 6 years. We need MAJOR upgrades in the paint.

I miss Tyrique.
    Last edited by drudy23; 03-07-2024 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Yeah, that was my first thought when Tandy left, too. Jacksonville St must have dropped the bag on him.
    I’m more thinking about guys that are productive already.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Why would people not want Claude back? He definitely makes some maddening mistakes, I agree. But he is a sophomore who was 10th in the league in PPG. That’s with teams knowing they don’t have to worry about 2/5 players on the court and can sag/help all game. He’s going to be an all BE player next year with a summer of improving and the addition of a capable front court.

McKnight is 5th in the BE in assists. (.1 behind 4th place). He fits the system perfectly. I just think people underestimate how the incapable frontcourt impacted everything.
    I don't get the beating on Claude either.I mean the guy was expected to be a super star after one year where he was just a role player.Maybe people thought he was going to be Colby 2.0 I think he's about where Colby was in his second year.He's been asked to do a lot.We need him back along with McKnight,Swain ,Green ,Nzeh.I'd like to keep Lazer just to see if he starts to blossom after one year.Abou is ok but not as a starter.