Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    I don’t ever want to hear a coach talk about fatigue as an excuse for losing ever again. What nc state has done negates all that bs.

True. But hats off to Oakland

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Creighton's biggest lead of the game was 15 against Oregon. In double OT.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Creighton's biggest lead of the game was 15 against Oregon. In double OT.
    And that's the lead that mattered. Go BEast!
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Gonzaga is in their 9th straight Sweet Sixteen. Remember when people around here used to put down Gonzaga, act like they were nothing special and wonder why they got more national love than Xavier?!? Lol at those folks.

I think the 32 first round women's games were chalk...except for Louisville v Middle Tennessee State.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Gonzaga is in their 9th straight Sweet Sixteen. Remember when people around here used to put down Gonzaga, act like they were nothing special and wonder why they got more national love than Xavier?!? Lol at those folks.
    Gonzaga is clearly a tier above, but I’m pretty sure when people were contending that status it was a handful of years ago. You know, before the dark times.
    zip em up

Even way back then the arguments were pretty bad. Every time we played they killed us...other than the one 3-14 game when they probably should have, but we kept it close.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Even way back then the arguments were pretty bad. Every time we played they killed us...other than the one 3-14 game when they probably should have, but we kept it close.
    Bad mouthing Gonzaga does look stupid on our part. But they've had one coach in the time we've had 6. Having one good coach with good players and a good system is a better recipe for success than having 6 coaches in a similar time frame, each of whom leaves at the peak of Xaviers success. Not whining about it, just stating a fact.
    Last edited by JTG; 03-24-2024 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Bad mouthing Gonzaga does look stupid on our part. But they've had one coach in the time we've had 6. Having one good coach with good players and a good system is a better recipe for success than having 6 coaches in a similar time frame, each of whom leaves at the peak of Xaviers success. Not whining about it, just stating a fact.
    I lived in Spokane in 1999-2000 when the Zags were still underdogs. Watched them knock Pete Gillen and Virginia out of the dance one of those years. There are no pro sports in Spokane and the filled a pretty big hole and the whole town (city I suppose, but barely) got on board. I couldn’t help but like them. XU #1, GU #2 for me