Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-Conference
    Seton Hall and Indiana States omissions weren't their bubbles bursting, they were mistakes. Both should have 100% been in the field.

There's decisions between bubble teams that can go either way, this wasn't that. These were flat out wrong decisions. You don't see that very often.

There also were not the typical amount of close games this year. It was relatively pedestrian. Still a great event but rather uneventful this year. Another sign the committee didn't get things quite right with selections and seeding. A ton of boring blow-outs.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Seton Hall and Indiana States omissions weren't their bubbles bursting, they were mistakes. Both should have 100% been in the field.

There's decisions between bubble teams that can go either way, this wasn't that. These were flat out wrong decisions. You don't see that very often.

There also were not the typical amount of close games this year. It was relatively pedestrian. Still a great event but rather uneventful this year. Another sign the committee didn't get things quite right with selections and seeding. A ton of boring blow-outs.
    Agreed. I'll also add that the seeding done by the committee was one of the worst I can ever remember. I remember looking at the bracket on Sunday night/Monday morning with a lot of wtf in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that it was not a surprise that they weren't selected. If a team is inside the bubble, then the committee will automatically take them. If a team is on the bubble, there is a box that if teams check they will go to the front of the line. They always have.

An out of conference win away from home against another tournament team.

Virginia did that. The Big East teams did not.

Because Virginia beat Florida on the 4th day of the season down in Charlotte, I was almost certain they would get in over any of the Big East bubble teams or Pitt. Even though it was on the 4th day of the season, and even though Charlotte isn't exactly on the other side of the world from UVA, and even though Florida would have clobbered them had they played later on in the year, the committee is almost programmed to look at a game like that and put any bubble team that has that OOC win away from home against a tournament team ahead of anyone else that doesn't.

Was it a mistake?? Perhaps. Was it consistent with what they've always done?? Yes.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White