Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

March Madness 2024

Teams are starting to get eliminated, so I guess it's time to fire this up!!

Cal Poly was eliminated from qualifying for the Big West Tournament last night. UTRGV was eliminated from the WAC today, and I think Dartmouth and Penn have both been eliminated from the Ivy.

With Chicago State not being in a conference, and the transitional teams that are not eligible for the NCAA Tournament, I believe that leaves 345 teams that are still alive to win it all!! HAPPY MARCH MADNESS!!!
    Last edited by xubrew; 02-24-2024 at 10:52 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

I don't think they've been eliminated yet, but I'm going way out on a limb and crossing Mississippi Valley State off the list of championship contenders.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I'm at least hoping they run the table the rest of the way. Detroit-Mercy missed their window to do so.

The opening round of the Atlantic Sun is about to tip!!!

The games last night, particularly the Sun Belt and ASun, were CRAZY!!!! Go back and watch the last minute of each of the ASun games, and the of regulation of the Texas State v ODU game.

I know these are early round games in one bid leagues where none of the teams that are playing are expected to do much. All they are really playing for is the chance to play one more day. But, even though that's all they're playing for, the games have still been super fun to watch! Sometimes those are the best kinds of games.

Pacific came out fired out for the first round of the WCC Tournament! They trail Pepperdine 33-2. The Lorenzo Romar era continues.

NKU also started similarly flat in a 17-2 role at Wright State. Unlike Pacific, the Norse actually came back and move on to the Horizon semifinals that will be played in front of tens of people in Indianapolis.

Not really sure where to put this....but there's been talk of expanding the NCAA Tournament to 80 teams. In that case, Xavier would probably be in with a win tomorrow over Marquette (however unlikely that may still be). Is anyone actually in favor of expanding the Tournament to 80 teams so that more very mediocre teams like this year's Xavier team might make it?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Not really sure where to put this....but there's been talk of expanding the NCAA Tournament to 80 teams. In that case, Xavier would probably be in with a win tomorrow over Marquette (however unlikely that may still be). Is anyone actually in favor of expanding the Tournament to 80 teams so that more very mediocre teams like this year's Xavier team might make it?
    I'm sure it will grow because $ .

This will never be the case, but I wish the extra spots would be to those Lower League Conference Regular Season Champions that happen to lose in their conference tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    It feels like some expansion will be inevitable because the potential alternative are the major football conferences pulling out of the NCAA and starting their own basketball tournament, consequences be damned.

Given the amount of expansion in D1 in the past 20 years, I'm honestly surprised we've only added 4 spots since 1985.