Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The Washington State guy just took the Stanford job. A little bit on an unusual situation unfolding there, of course!

Chris Beard left Texas Tech for Texas many, many years ago. Wait, that was three years ago.
    Ah yes, I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Ah yes, I’m wrong.
    Dude, you can't say THAT on a messageboard!

Can someone point out in the last 20 or so years a coach in either football or basketball for a major conference that has changed head coaching jobs within the conference other than Cooley? Wonder why that is?
    Xavier just played against one. Mike White went from Florida to Georgia in 2022 (I think).
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

I never said anything about the commissioner telling Harbaugh to leave, you did.

If you want to argue semantics of disciplinary vs personnel decision to prove some kind of point, ok. However, in most definitions, disciplinary falls under personnel. The fact remains that the Commissioner made a decision on Harbaugh to suspend him.
    I would just stop at this point.

Can someone point out in the last 20 or so years a coach in either football or basketball for a major conference that has changed head coaching jobs within the conference other than Cooley? Wonder why that is?
    Nick saban?

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Nick saban?
    Nick Saban went from LSU to the Dolphins to Alabama.

I would think universities could have language in their coaches contracts saying they can’t leave for a school in the same conference. No clue if any of them actually do. I’m guess they don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    I would think universities could have language in their coaches contracts saying they can’t leave for a school in the same conference. No clue if any of them actually do. I’m guess they don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coaches already break their contract when they leave. The buyouts are added to discourage them from leaving I suppose. Maybe they could increase the buyout if the coach left for an in conference job?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The Washington State guy just took the Stanford job. A little bit on an unusual situation unfolding there, of course!…
    I suppose those circumstances sort of make it worse– like Stanford kick dirt on WSU on their way out. Moreover, in-state rival and conference mate, UW, just poached the WSU AD. Shocking, since WSU effectively controls the conference right now; along with Oregon State, that is. Oregon State must really not like those poor old Cougs!
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Did Marquette's team bet on NC State?