Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Conflicted… I’d like to nc state pull it off just because it’s awesome but don’t want another bubble stealer for our be conference friends
    Providence is the team in the most trouble now - I also forgot to mention New Mexico getting a pair of wins against Boise State and Colorado State in the Mountain West tournament. I think the Lobos are safer, but if they lose to San Diego State they aren't a lock to make the field, either.

Supporting Member
    Just saw with lunardi ( he’s actually horrible at his job but still) he has seton hall and providence both out right now. That would mean be with only 4 bids. Think that’s a little bs.

Imagine the howls at Texas A&M if they again make it to the championship game and not only lose the game but also get left out of the NCAAs. Remember that also happened in 2022 before they eventually lost to X in the NIT Championship. They've got a decent record against Quads 1 and 2 but also have 5 losses against Quad 3.

I could see Seton Hall also being left out because their metrics are bad compared to other bubble teams, but have enough good wins in my book (only one Tier 3 loss at home to Rutgers) that I'd think they sneak in the field. They also have to be cheering for the North Carolinas, Florida Atlantics and Colorados of the world.

Of course, all bets are off on FAU if they lose to Temple today. That would be a fatal loss for the Owls.

Princeton is absolutely getting mugged by - Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Iu another program that has said they will say no to the stupid nit due to the portal.

Funny that the nit changed the rules to try to get more power programs in and karmically its going to back fire.
    You had me looking up “karmically” - very well done.
    X A V I E R

Junior
    IU thinks they are beneath the NIT. I've got news for them, Knight is gone and he ain't coming back. You're nothing more than mid pack, if that, B1G. Those banners at ASSembly Hall are ancient history.

Duquesne is in the A-10 title game. That's....something.

They knocked Dayton out of the A-10 Tournament, so they definitely deserve our gratitude. Hope they finally break their 47-year drought tomorrow.

That city will be crazy if Duquesne is in the NCAA Tournament and Pitt gets left out in the cold (which is likely anyhow).

Sophomore
    Kent St was up one vs Akron in the final seconds. The Kent St. player did not know the score and intentionally fouled the Akron player putting him at the line. Kent St loses and Akron now heading to the dance. That is a brutal way to lose a conference championship game.

Keeping score elsewhere:

Mountain West - New Mexico was a bubble team going into the conference tournament, but they removed any doubt by winning the auto bid here.

ACC - this was a major shockwave with NC State winning 5 games in 5 days.

Pac-12 - Oregon also stole the automatic bid with wins against UCLA, Arizona and Colorado.

American - Florida Atlantic is suddenly endangered after losing against a Temple team that was seeded 11th. Temple could also win 5 games in 5 days and win the automatic bid (although they may end up on the 15 line should they win later today).

Long story short, a disastrous day if your name is St. John's, Seton Hall, Providence, Virginia, Pittsburgh, Oklahoma or Indiana State.