Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Supporting Member
    21 days until college basketball free agency

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I agree that those guys (particularly the freshmen) weren't good on defense, but again they are freshmen who were probably never asked to play a lick of d in high school and now are going up against seniors who have played in the big east for 3-4 years now. Not saying these guys are world beaters (maybe they will be a year or two who knows) but they are building blocks, which this year we had maybe one in Claude.
    I am on the fence as to whether next year’s “returnees” are Building Blocks or a Failed Foundation. Building Blocks ..no matter their talent …play hard to the end. When I see sloppy , uninspired , undisciplined play at this point in the season I see Quitters. Sean said after the 2/14 Seton Hall embarrassment the team was “ worn down” and needed the week off before facing Provident at home in a must win game. Again, they could not grind it out. We expected a loss at Marquette , but not another embarrassing one. The only remaining game that will show if they have any mettle is the 3/6 game at Butler. Xavier will have beaten DePaul and Georgetown and their record will be 9/9 . If Butler beats St. John’s at home and DePaul away, their record will be 9/9. This will be the last game of the season for Butler, and the second last game for Xavier before their expected 3/9 loss to Marquette. If Butler beats Xavier they would end the season 10/9 and Xavier 9/10.
    That game will be the test as to whether our returnees are Building Blocks or a Foundation laid on sand.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    21 days until college basketball free agency
    Thankfully something to look forward to for this team lol. Feel like any losses/additions could only be a net positive with this group.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by A Fan View Post
    I am on the fence as to whether next year’s “returnees” are Building Blocks or a Failed Foundation. Building Blocks ..no matter their talent …play hard to the end. When I see sloppy , uninspired , undisciplined play at this point in the season I see Quitters. Sean said after the 2/14 Seton Hall embarrassment the team was “ worn down” and needed the week off before facing Provident at home in a must win game. Again, they could not grind it out. We expected a loss at Marquette , but not another embarrassing one. The only remaining game that will show if they have any mettle is the 3/6 game at Butler. Xavier will have beaten DePaul and Georgetown and their record will be 9/9 . If Butler beats St. John’s at home and DePaul away, their record will be 9/9. This will be the last game of the season for Butler, and the second last game for Xavier before their expected 3/9 loss to Marquette. If Butler beats Xavier they would end the season 10/9 and Xavier 9/10.
    That game will be the test as to whether our returnees are Building Blocks or a Foundation laid on sand.
    My opinion you have 3 guys for different reasons that should be playing PG... McKnight, Green and Claude. This is why I don't think we have a good foundation when you think all three can be playing at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I see no reason for optimism (or frankly, pessimism) until we have some idea of what next year's roster will look like. In this brave new world of college athletics, we really have no idea who will be on the team next year.
    I have a pretty good idea you and I won't be.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I have a pretty good idea you and I won't be.
    That's a reason for optimism!

All-Conference
    I'm not giving up until my Miracle @ MSG! is dead - definitely on life support however.

Quote Originally Posted by A Fan View Post
    Xavier will have beaten DePaul and Georgetown and their record will be 9/9 .
    I am not sure that Georgetown game in D.C. is a given from what I have watched lately....
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    I am not sure that Georgetown game in D.C. is a given from what I have watched lately....
    That's a scary proposition, but honestly, if we can't get the 5 seed, it really doesn't matter at this point.

If we lose, it will be embarrassing.

I really have to question Xavier, Marquette, the Big East, and FS1 for airing a horror film during Sunday family dinner time.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."