Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    Sophomore
    FWIW… I was listening to an interview on SiriusXM College Sports Radio this afternoon with a bball reporter, whose name I did not catch (apologies). He was talking about the names that came up when the OSU job came open, including Sean. Nothing new there, I know, but he mentioned a shortlist of about four names he is hearing are still in the running, with Sean again on that list. He went on to say that OSU is deliberately taking a nontraditional approach by moving in-season to fill the position. Apparently, they are trying to preempt competition with other high-profile jobs that might come open, hoping to have the position filled by the time the portal opens. I am paraphrasing from memory, but I think that’s an accurate summary.

I’m not sure there’s really anything new there, but I thought I’d pass it along.. I tried to find a programming schedule to figure out who it was, but I wasn’t finding anything. The interview was about 45 minutes ago, for anyone who cares to put more effort into it.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Junior
    They did it at that time for a couple reasons IMO. AD is on his way out and wanted a final stamp before he left. He will have some say in next coach. But I’m also guessing they’d like to beat Michigan to the punch as Howard is likely gone after this year, too.

I have no worry whatsoever about him going to OSU. If unexpected job opens up and comes calling, we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    They did it at that time for a couple reasons IMO. AD is on his way out and wanted a final stamp before he left. He will have some say in next coach. But I’m also guessing they’d like to beat Michigan to the punch as Howard is likely gone after this year, too.

I have no worry whatsoever about him going to OSU. If unexpected job opens up and comes calling, we will see.
    Again. Just anticipate what makes sense when a rule is changed.

We already know that rosters will turnover 35-50% per year for the teams that have some NIL. Rosters will be set using the portal. 3 years of scouting HS players can be reduced to just plucking the “all conference” players from other teams.

Replacing a coach late in the cycle can set a team back by 2-3 years. I’m fact, trying to hire a coach late in the cycle could actually play into the decision by the coach to take a job. Would you take the job at a “better” school if the portal was picked through and last years roster had bolted?

Fire quick, hire quick. Work the portal.

The BAD news here is that the sooner a team goes out for the year, the quicker their coach becomes available to hire.

and an assistant coach gets then through the NIT
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.