Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 247
  1. #201
    Freshman webxu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Milford
    Posts
    346
    How different would we be feeling right now if we had found a way to beat mighty Oakland and The Blue Hens.. throw in the Washington game and either Nova on the road or Providence at home and we would be talking seeding right now.. UW, NOVA, Prov all could have gone either way..

  2. #202
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,143
    Quote Originally Posted by webxu View Post
    How different would we be feeling right now if we had found a way to beat mighty Oakland and The Blue Hens.. throw in the Washington game and either Nova on the road or Providence at home and we would be talking seeding right now.. UW, NOVA, Prov all could have gone either way..
    ugh. just don't lose the two buy games and at the least X is competing for Dayton the next two weeks like the rest of the big east middle. Heck go 2-0 this week, grab the 6 or 7 seed and crazier stuff has happened.

  3. #203
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,088
    See Kolak is ruled out for the game, too. There’s a decent chance we will be one game away from the tournament. I’d bet we’d be in for sure had we won those buy games.

  4. #204
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Montgomery
    Posts
    17,160
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    As of today, ESPN has them as one of 32 teams on the bubble fighting for 17 spots. 10 of those teams are characterized as “should be in”, and 22 of those teams, and including Nova, is in the “work to do” category. They are by no means a lock. I’m fact, if you assume the “should be in teams” all make it that leaves 7 bids for the 22 “work to do” teams….before any conference tourney upsets

    I think 2 out of 4 of SHU, PC, SJU, and Nova will make it. It’s a coin toss right now. Could very well come don’t to the BET, especially if these teams go head to head

    My guess is SJU and Nova end up in with either / or / both in Dayton….
    ESPN's write-up on Nova (who they have leading the pack for BE bubble teams):

    "In most cases, a "First four out" team like Villanova winning a road game by 11 over a bubbly opponent like Providence would be viewed as pivotal -- if not decisive. It was indeed a highly significant win for the Wildcats, and the metrics will look terrific for Kyle Neptune's group coming off this victory. (The NET ranking already looked fine, and this will boost Nova's previously tepid rťsumť ratings.) The only thing: Villanova still has a road game at Seton Hall and a home date with Creighton. Even with the Wildcats playing their best ball of the season, two losses there are conceivable. One win, on the other hand, could be pivotal -- if not decisive."

    They seem to think, as do I, that Nova wins one of the last 2 (both Quad 1 opportunities) that could just about wrap it up for Nova's tourney bid.

    No one with a top 32 NET ranking has ever not made the tournament.

    Only 3 teams in the 30's have ever not made it.

    Of course Nova could lose the next 2 and we are talking a different story, but if they split this week, they should be on pretty solid ground.
    "Iím willing to sacrifice everything for this team. Iím going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. Iím going to play harder than Iíve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

  5. #205
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,143
    I wonder if X goes 2-0 this week, if they will be in the next four out conversation at least. If they do go 2-0, their profile will be pretty similar to nova in a lot of ways.

    They will have the same number of quad 1 wins, Nova will actually have 3 bad losses as opposed to x having 2. Nova would have one game up on X in the win column. Nova's cpu numbers are a lot better right now. Maybe X's would jump significantly with two wins this week.

    Not predicting anything but maybe 5 more wins gets them in....

  6. #206
    I still believe. muskiefan82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I wonder if X goes 2-0 this week, if they will be in the next four out conversation at least. If they do go 2-0, their profile will be pretty similar to nova in a lot of ways.

    They will have the same number of quad 1 wins, Nova will actually have 3 bad losses as opposed to x having 2. Nova would have one game up on X in the win column. Nova's cpu numbers are a lot better right now. Maybe X's would jump significantly with two wins this week.

    Not predicting anything but maybe 5 more wins gets them in....
    6 more does for sure. LOL
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    ESPN's write-up on Nova (who they have leading the pack for BE bubble teams):

    "In most cases, a "First four out" team like Villanova winning a road game by 11 over a bubbly opponent like Providence would be viewed as pivotal -- if not decisive. It was indeed a highly significant win for the Wildcats, and the metrics will look terrific for Kyle Neptune's group coming off this victory. (The NET ranking already looked fine, and this will boost Nova's previously tepid rťsumť ratings.) The only thing: Villanova still has a road game at Seton Hall and a home date with Creighton. Even with the Wildcats playing their best ball of the season, two losses there are conceivable. One win, on the other hand, could be pivotal -- if not decisive."

    They seem to think, as do I, that Nova wins one of the last 2 (both Quad 1 opportunities) that could just about wrap it up for Nova's tourney bid.

    No one with a top 32 NET ranking has ever not made the tournament.

    Only 3 teams in the 30's have ever not made it.

    Of course Nova could lose the next 2 and we are talking a different story, but if they split this week, they should be on pretty solid ground.
    Well, you referred to them as a lock. Which means that not matter what happens, they are in, which I disagree with and so does that ESPN write up.

    I agree with the write up. I think they will end up in, but they still have to get an additional win before the BET, and possibly more

  8. #208
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Montgomery
    Posts
    17,160
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Well, you referred to them as a lock. Which means that not matter what happens, they are in, which I disagree with and so does that ESPN write up.

    I agree with the write up. I think they will end up in, but they still have to get an additional win before the BET, and possibly more
    Your reading comprehension is awful.

    I said if they win on the road at Seton Hall they are probably close to a lock.

    Key words, "if", "probably", "close".

    So yeah, if you agree with the write up you would agree with my original post you were disagreeing with.

    Glad we are on the same page, lol.
    "Iím willing to sacrifice everything for this team. Iím going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. Iím going to play harder than Iíve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Your reading comprehension is awful.

    I said if they win on the road at Seton Hall they are probably close to a lock.

    Key words, "if", "probably", "close".

    So yeah, if you agree with the write up you would agree with my original post you were disagreeing with.

    Glad we are on the same page, lol.
    Yeah. You said “They beat Seton Hall…”. And I didn’t read that as “IF they beat Seton Hall”. And I got confused because they just DID beat Providence who is basically neck and neck with both of them.

    But in the end, I don’t think they are a current lock, and I don’t think beating SHU will make them a lock. But I do think they have a good chance of being team 4 from the BE.

  10. #210
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,143
    Anyone know what seed x would get if St. John’s, nova and x are all 11-9 at the end of this week? Who wins that tiebreaker?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •