Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    He has one hell of a recruiting class coming in the at may keep him for one more year but with a new ad, all bets are off
    His seat is not remotely warm at this point. A second round appearance last year bought him some goodwill and I anticipate he will be given at least 4 years prior to calls start coming for his head. Plus we want to see how Kim does at Providence before we bring him home.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    His seat is not remotely warm at this point. A second round appearance last year bought him some goodwill and I anticipate he will be given at least 4 years prior to calls start coming for his head. Plus we want to see how Kim does at Providence before we bring him home.
    Do not underestimate the BOC at Mizzou to not completely eff things up and let him go at the end of this season. The AD just went to a worse job with less money to get out of that mess.

If he can go 0 for 2024 and stay off the hot seat, I'm not sure if that's impressive...or a sign Mizzou just doesn't care.

Supporting Member
    Reports out that Holtmann and Depaul have had preliminary discussions. That would be a heck of a hire for Depaul and may bring them back to relevance.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Reports out that Holtmann and Depaul have had preliminary discussions. That would be a heck of a hire for Depaul and may bring them back to relevance.
    Holtmann and Depaul would make sense for both parties assuming Holtmannn wants to coach next season. Would be a solid hire for Depaul.

Adam Jardy of Columbus Dispartch reported Dusty May and OSU have had "early talks". No one is saying May is OSU's number one target or that he is for sure interested, but Early talks is something I suppose. What I find interesting is that it leaked. May went to Highschool in Indiana and graduated from IU where he was a manager on the basketball team. I am guessing he wants IU, but not sure IU makes a move on Woodson just yet. May would be a good get for OSU. Surprised his buyout is only one million after February.

The original article is behind paywall so I linked Bleacher Report article.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...oltmann-firing
    Last edited by Xavgrad08; 02-24-2024 at 12:20 PM.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Came across an OSU fan thread on twitter about the coaching search and was surprised to see the overwhelming majority had a negative view of Miller and did not want him. Many stating they would be no longer interested in following the team with such an uninspiring hire. A couple were on the high horse about cheating but most just didn't think he was a good coach.

I hope OSU admins feel the same way! Not that I think Sean will take it anyway, but better safe than sorry!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I could see why the bloom would be off the rose with respect to Miller for a fan of another team. Last few years at Arizona pretty well sucked. Great first year back at X, but this year is pretty much a disaster. Never been to a Final Four.

I'm thrilled we have him back and hope he stays a long time, but I get it from an outsider's perspective.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    So, tanking this season was good in the long run?

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Came across an OSU fan thread on twitter about the coaching search and was surprised to see the overwhelming majority had a negative view of Miller and did not want him. Many stating they would be no longer interested in following the team with such an uninspiring hire. A couple were on the high horse about cheating but most just didn't think he was a good coach.

I hope OSU admins feel the same way! Not that I think Sean will take it anyway, but better safe than sorry!
    Living in B1G country, they all think they are the greatest bball conference even though they haven't won a NC in quite a while. They look down on everyone. IU fans think they are headed to the Final Four every year, as does MSU. The week Purdue was playing Xavier their radio guys said they didn't have any games of consequence coming up soon. Butler gets little to no coverage in Indy, and the Big East gets little mention. Not surprised OSU fans would look down on Miller.

And that’s why I love it when Michigan beats tOSU in football. Their heads explode!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.