Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    I’d guess McDermott or Paris. Paris is an Ohio guy so that would make too much sense.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Amir Abdur-Rahim is going to be on a lot of short lists in the offseason. He built Kennesaw State from a 1-win team to an NCAA Tournament team in 3 years (and damn near ruined Xavier's season last year).

This year, he's got South Florida, a perennially shitty program, on top of the American in his first season. If Sean Miller does end up leaving for whatever reason, this guy better be on Christopher's short list of coaching candidates. At the very least, he's going to get a huge raise at USF during the offseason.

Sophomore
    Was impressed by Rahim after the Tournament game last year. Definitely a rising star. Unrelated, it sounds like Vandy has parted ways with Stackhouse. Edit Apparently Vandy has not canned stackhouse yet. He had been fired was tweeted by a fake media account and retweeted by happy Vanderbilt fans. They are not happy now since not true.
    Last edited by Xavgrad08; 02-18-2024 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    Was impressed by Rahim after the Tournament game last year. Definitely a rising star. Unrelated, it sounds like Vandy has parted ways with Stackhouse.
    Chris Mack to Vandy? Isn’t one of his daughters on the volleyball team there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    He might be a candidate, but I’m 99.9999% sure he will not be their next head coach.

Agreed, I feel like after Zona he realizes the grass isn't always greener, sure Ohio State can pay whatever the hell they want for a coach, but basketball will always be second fiddle, and I don't think there's that much there that will be as enticing to leave X again, I *think* he actually loves it here, realizes how much he loves it here, and wants to be the one to take us to the next step, granted I could be way off on that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Agreed, I feel like after Zona he realizes the grass isn't always greener, sure Ohio State can pay whatever the hell they want for a coach, but basketball will always be second fiddle, and I don't think there's that much there that will be as enticing to leave X again, I *think* he actually loves it here, realizes how much he loves it here, and wants to be the one to take us to the next step, granted I could be way off on that feeling.
    I get that same feeling with Miller. Of course, I had similar feelings about Mack.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Chris Mack to Vandy? Isn’t one of his daughters on the volleyball team there?

Not yet. Youngest daughter is at IMG this year but has committed to Vanderbilt beginning the 24-25 season. Other daughter plays at Flagler (sp?) College.

Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    Not yet. Youngest daughter is at IMG this year but has committed to Vanderbilt beginning the 24-25 season. Other daughter plays at Flagler (sp?) College.
    So he could start there as head coach for her freshman year.

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Glad we dodged the Dennis Gates bullet. Does he survive his disastrous second season at Mizzou?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Glad we dodged the Dennis Gates bullet. Does he survive his disastrous second season at Mizzou?
    He has one hell of a recruiting class coming in the at may keep him for one more year but with a new ad, all bets are off