Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Because he’s won everywhere he’s been and plays a very exciting brand of basketball offensively and with in your face d. Now he’s going to get the resources in order to get the players he needs to get to that next level and as I said with an appealing brand of bb that the elite players love.

Yeah he’s not been at a big time program and that makes some people crumble, he doesn’t strike me as the type that will.
    I just assumed Louisville would get someone who has already succeeded. Mack had them in the Top 5 ever after all the drama - they should have found a way to keep him!

I'm not sure about hanging banners, but he'll get them back to being a competent program that doesn't regularly embarrass the city.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 03-28-2024 at 09:22 PM.

Sophomore
    After watching that press conference I was ready to run thru a wall. Should have hired him after Mack, hiring Steele over that guy is the dumbest thing Christopher has ever done, and he’s done a lot of stupid with coaching decisions.

Of course I’m thrilled we got miller but man I think Kelsey is going to be putting up banners in the yum center.
    No argument here, but this board was about 99-1 in favor of hiring Steele. I remember, because I was in that one percent. My contention was that he had never coached before; nothing more insightful than that. I wasn’t for or against Kelsey, although I probably would have been underwhelmed at the time, but I do recall that anyone who put his name out there was chased off by all the pro-Steele pitchforks. I don’t know what my point is… maybe Kelsey wasn’t the answer then either, but it was Christopher’s job to cut through our bullshit, and he didn’t. Oh well, I guess.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

How do we get Coach Miller if any of that goes differently?
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    No argument here, but this board was about 99-1 in favor of hiring Steele. I remember, because I was in that one percent. My contention was that he had never coached before; nothing more insightful than that. I wasn’t for or against Kelsey, although I probably would have been underwhelmed at the time, but I do recall that anyone who put his name out there was chased off by all the pro-Steele pitchforks. I don’t know what my point is… maybe Kelsey wasn’t the answer then either, but it was Christopher’s job to cut through our bullshit, and he didn’t. Oh well, I guess.
    I was in favor of Steele. But not because he was the best candidate, but because he gave us the best chance at keeping the “core 4” on the roster and not losing any recruits. I was actually prioritizing roster continuity. If I only knew….

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    How do we get Coach Miller if any of that goes differently?
    We probably don’t because Kelsey wouldn’t have missed the tourney that many times in a row.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Never a good idea to hire a coach just to keep players who will only be there so long anyway. As we saw. Although I hope that isn't why Christopher hired him.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Never a good idea to hire a coach just to keep players who will only be there so long anyway. As we saw. Although I hope that isn't why Christopher hired him.
    Yeah, the roster was fine those first couple years, but Steele just had a horrible system and lousy X&Os.

Most coaches could have had multiple tourney appearances

We probably don’t because Kelsey wouldn’t have missed the tourney that many times in a row.
    So, that definitely is a complex series of possibilities to noodle. Do we get Free, Jones, Nunge, Hankins, Claude with Kelsey?
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    James Madison hired Preston Spradlin out of Morehead State - didn't take them long to find a replacement after Mark Byington left to Vandy. I like that hire for them - Spradlin turned the Sean Woods train wreck into a team that had a couple of NCAA appearances and quite a few diamonds in the rough (Johni Broome, Mark Freeman, Drew Thelwell to name a few).

FAU still in their hiring process as far as mid-majors go.