Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast
    Calipari is at war with UK and definitely wouldn't tell Miller to go there, but Calipari caused the shitty situation for himself at UK. I'm sure he's in denial and feels bad for himself, so he'd tell anyone who asks not to go there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Calipari is at war with UK and definitely wouldn't tell Miller to go there, but Calipari caused the shitty situation for himself at UK. I'm sure he's in denial and feels bad for himself, so he'd tell anyone who asks not to go there.
    Yep true. Don’t know how true this is, but knowing her I wouldn’t doubt it. Kelly Kraft the failed governor candidate (whose family btw is one of the biggest donors to the program and nil) wanted some uk players paraded around her campaign to help out including tshewbe. Cal put his foot down, Kraft got pissed.

Sophomore
    UK is hiring Mark Pope.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    UK is hiring Mark Pope.

That’s what’s being reported, and I think he may be a good choice. But….until the deal is signed it could still all fall apart.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    That’s what’s being reported, and I think he may be a good choice. But….until the deal is signed it could still all fall apart.
    Respectfully why would you think this is a good choice?

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    UK is hiring Mark Pope.
    Does this mean that UK will now be fun to watch?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Respectfully why would you think this is a good choice?
    Good in the sense that I think he is a good coach and as he is a former UK player he will have the support of many fans. Having been a former player he will also understand what the pressures and expectations are that the job brings. I also don’t see him moving from BYU to UK as something that is going to cause ripples in the coaching pool that will be felt across the land, unlike what might have happened if Cronin (UCLA) or someone from another major program had taken the job. Have to believe that Miller at X is a pretty stable situation now.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Money being withheld yet his entire recruiting class stayed intact until he left Kentucky. Doesn’t add up. You believe what you want to though.
    Cal coaches 50 players at UK who ended up in the NBA. 50.

If you don't think that is a motivating factor to some of the best high school players in line with (and maybe sometimes above) NIL money, you are kidding yourself. Cal at UK had the easiest time ever selling top high school guys to come.

Not saying they didn't get money but it was well documented Cal alienated boosters who were not opening up their checkbooks as much as they would have or had in the past.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post

Not saying they didn't get money but it was well documented Cal alienated boosters who were not opening up their checkbooks as much as they would have or had in the past.
    I think I also read where Cal said that HE had to go out and solicit the NIL money himself, while at UK, and that he won’t have to do that at Arkansas. At UA they have donors that seem to be dying to donate money to the NIL fund. That’s a big change.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I think I also read where Cal said that HE had to go out and solicit the NIL money himself, while at UK, and that he won’t have to do that at Arkansas. At UA they have donors that seem to be dying to donate money to the NIL fund. That’s a big change.
    Just remember, that now, whenever you eat chicken or set foot in a Walmart you are helping Cal's quest for a Natty.