Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    May just mean Louisville didn't want him. Or want to wait for him.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Wow, I take the misses to the eye doctor, am gone about 2-3 hours, and all kinds of crazy breaks out! Kelsey to Loserville and X picks up a guard. Reid enters the portal. What’s next?!
    cats living with dogs
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    If Schertz ends up at SLU does that mean he said no to Louisville in favor of SLU? That would certainly be a shot at Louisville as a program currently. SLU is the highest paying A10 job but it doesn't (obviously) have Louisville money.
    This is from Twitter so take it with a grain of salt, but they said schertz signed a mou with slu believing that May was taking the Louisville job. Supposedly it would take some money to get out of it, and if that part isn’t true maybe schertz is an honorable person and wanted to keep his commitment. Dunno if that’s true or not, but it sounds plausible.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I snagged Kelsey at +900 for $25 yesterday to be the new coach. So this is like a crossover thread now!
    Now the real fun starts when he goes to his introductory presser - will he or won't he change his mind?

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    May just mean Louisville didn't want him. Or want to wait for him.
    I guess that is possible. Schertz seems to be the hotter name but when you look at it, it isn't like he is more accomplished than Kelsey. Neither have an NCAA tourney win, and Schertz doesn't even have a tourney appearance. He is only in his 3rd year in div 1 tho after killing it in div II.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Huggins just can't help but keep losing to Muskies.

Supporting Member
    When Mack left, was Kelsey really the other option besides Steele? If so, how in the absolute hell could you meet with Kelsey and Steele, and believe Steele was the pick?

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    When Mack left, was Kelsey really the other option besides Steele? If so, how in the absolute hell could you meet with Kelsey and Steele, and believe Steele was the pick?
    My guess is Christopher didn't want to be the AD who deviated from the Xavier way of promoting the top assistant successfully? Probably less risk in having the top assistant not work out (one who was here a long time) than to go outside and have that hire not work out? Just a guess.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Andy Einfield flirting with SMU?

Going from USC to SMU. hes been at USC for 11 years. Hows his wife holding up?

Anyway, both those jobs kinds suck, but SMU is way worse. Tons of money though. Big 10 is brutal and the ACC is dicey. Is this just a move to stay ahead of the hangman?

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Andy Einfield flirting with SMU?

Going from USC to SMU. hes been at USC for 11 years. Hows his wife holding up?

Anyway, both those jobs kinds suck, but SMU is way worse. Tons of money though. Big 10 is brutal and the ACC is dicey. Is this just a move to stay ahead of the hangman?
    Yes.

SMU is interesting. As an institution they have a ton of money, but haven't spent as much of it on athletics as other power programs have. it's in Dallas, and they have a substantial number of millionaire alumni who are in or around the DFW area. I think they've looked at TCU and seen their basketball team make the Sweet Sixteen and crack the top 25, and their football team make the CFP, and have decided they now want to be like that. So, that's what they're doing. They're pumping a ton of money into athletics now.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White