Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Maybe this is wishful thinking, but with SM being close friends with Calipari, I would have to think that Calipari has some horror stories for SM about UKs crazy fanbase, and the unrealistic expectations put on coaches. No?

After leaving X the 1st time, it seems like Sean realizes that the grass isn't always greener. He essentially said that with his return to X that we wanted to dial back the stress a little from AZ. I would have to think the stress levels at UK are far higher than AZ.

The rumor mill says Hurley is being offered 8 years/$100 million by UK.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    I am not sure how connected UK blogger Matt Jones is to the decision makers. I listened to a Twitter spaces with him last night about the search. This was before Scott Drew turned the job down. Matt stated door has not officially closed on Bill D and Hurley. He also stated 5 secondary candidates have been contacted. He didn’t know priority of secondary candidates and didn’t know all 5. He did mention Shaka and Sean Miller in the list of the 5 secondary candidates. He stated Kentucky Ad has already spoken to agents or in some cases the secondary candidates themselves. Hoping Uk lands a candidate at the top of the list. I am not completely nervous, but starting to get a little uneasy.
    I think Kentucky Jesus is mostly full of shit. It's been fun watching Kentucky fans believe they actually had a shot with Hurley though.

Why deal with that kind of fanbase when you can make life changing money and win at a ton of other places? Their fans are stuck in the 90s way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    That would put him 5th highest paid coach, IN THE NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    I would have to think the stress levels at UK are far higher than AZ.
    yup. So is the NIL available.

if you REALLY want to get to a Final Four, UK with a truckload of NIL money seems to be the most logical.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Still feel like he'd say no, don't get me wrong, that is a SHIT TON of money, but being a complete East Coast guy, at basically a blue blood (6 championships means your a blue blood, and I don't like UCONN at all), has an outside shot of a three-peat, and has a great thing going at UCONN. Not to mention the comment of his wife being the one they should ask about that, just have a feeling he's not leaving for any amount at this particular time.

Maybe this is wishful thinking, but with SM being close friends with Calipari, I would have to think that Calipari has some horror stories for SM about UKs crazy fanbase, and the unrealistic expectations put on coaches. No?

After leaving X the 1st time, it seems like Sean realizes that the grass isn't always greener. He essentially said that with his return to X that we wanted to dial back the stress a little from AZ. I would have to think the stress levels at UK are far higher than AZ.
    I'm just going to assume Miller stays until a deal with UK is signed, sealed, and delivered. It's better to have a coach on the short list than not, even if it is as a secondary candidate at least. I agree that the stress levels at UK are apocalyptic, the boosters and fan base are bat shit crazy. I'm hoping Coach Miller won't burn us twice, and everything he's stated so far seems like he's okay with trying to get X to the pinnacle, so I'm going to just stay completely naive about it lol.

Sophomore
    Chris Beard is an awesome coach, but I wonder if his, ummm, impulsive tendencies might make him a better fit in a more… subdued environment. Pearl seems like the perfect fit, as if he’s been the UK coach for the past 30 years in another universe. He’s already 64, but I thought this kind of interesting… I heard a radio interview with Tony Delk earlier today, and he said he believes the job is really set up for someone who wants to take it on for no more than five to eight years.

At this point, my money is on TJ Otzelberger. I know he’s not the sexy name fans have hoped for, but he also doesn’t have the warts that the other top remaining candidates have. He’s also a heck of a coach, and he’s done an awesome job in the portal.
    Last edited by XUBison; 04-11-2024 at 04:47 PM.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Supporting Member
    Apparently mark pope is now a real candidate. lol. That’d be hilarious.

Sophomore

Didn’t Callipari give Miller advice to leave Xavier for Arizona. Wouldn’t be surprised if Callipari put in a good word for Miller at UK and would probably encourage Miller to go to UK if Miller were to reach out to him.

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    Didn’t Callipari give Miller advice to leave Xavier for Arizona. Wouldn’t be surprised if Callipari put in a good word for Miller at UK and would probably encourage Miller to go to UK if Miller were to reach out to him.
    As Sean's friend, you think he would encourage Sean to go to UK even though he wasn't getting along with the AD or the fanbase?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens