Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Heard on ESPN Callpari will get 5 mil nil to spread around @ Arkansas.
    2023 Sweet 16

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    All signs are pointing to Drew at Kentucky. There were some rumors of UK floating an absolutly silly number to Hurley, but that talk seems to have cooled.

I kind of like Drew. Guess that will have to change.
    I didn’t realize him and barnhardt were buds. Drew just doesn’t seem culturally and personality wise like a fit there in any shape or form but whatever. Not sure uk fans would like that hire.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    All signs are pointing to Drew at Kentucky. There were some rumors of UK floating an absolutly silly number to Hurley, but that talk seems to have cooled.

I kind of like Drew. Guess that will have to change.
    If it is Drew I think that is a pretty solid hire. He will do well there. Outside of Jay Wright, Brad Stevens, or Hurley, Drew would be my choice if I were UK. I'd go Drew over Billy D.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Heard on ESPN Callpari will get 5 mil nil to spread around @ Arkansas.
    It keeps going down, it was 6.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    If it is Drew I think that is a pretty solid hire. He will do well there. Outside of Jay Wright, Brad Stevens, or Hurley, Drew would be my choice if I were UK. I'd go Drew over Billy D.
    I agree. Drew would seem like a home run to me. His résumé is better than Cal’s was when he took the UK job. Why wouldn’t UK fans be happy with him? As for Donovan, he’s been at the top of everyone’s list since bolting for the NBA, but hasn’t some of the luster been lost?
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    I agree. Drew would seem like a home run to me. His résumé is better than Cal’s was when he took the UK job. Why wouldn’t UK fans be happy with him? As for Donovan, he’s been at the top of everyone’s list since bolting for the NBA, but hasn’t some of the luster been lost?
    If I were a big time school, I would not be interested in hiring a coach with zero experience dealing with NIL/the new college landscape. Obviously they would put people in place who knew how to navigate it but whos to say a coach who has been out and comes back doesn't like it and bolts again for the NBA?

Drew is a way better hire imo than Billy D.

Supporting Member
    No doubt drew can coach, no argument there. My concern with him at Kentucky would be the same concern I’d have for a lot of coaches. Personality and culturally he doesn’t seem like a fit there. To me I think you gotta be a little effing crazy to handle that fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    No doubt drew can coach, no argument there. My concern with him at Kentucky would be the same concern I’d have for a lot of coaches. Personality and culturally he doesn’t seem like a fit there. To me I think you gotta be a little effing crazy to handle that fanbase.

The expectations that UK fans have for their program are not rooted in reality. I had this conversation with some UK fans just last night. They still can’t understand that the rest of the SEC has upped their game and that UK is no longer head and shoulders above the rest. They are now saying what many outsiders have been saying for years, that UK needed to do more than just rely on one and done players and that Cal really wasn’t that good of a coach. However, they also seem to think that if they just find the right coach that UK will move right up to the top of the heap in no time at all. Like it won’t be any problem at all. If I was a coach considering taking the UK job, the unrealistic expectations by the fan base would have to be something that I take into consideration before deciding to take that job. It’s an almost no-win situation. If you merely win some of the time, you’re considered a failure. If you won several championships, you’d just be considered as doing what you were hired to do. No big deal. What about next year?
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 04-10-2024 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    The expectations that UK fans have for their program are not rooted in reality. I had this conversation with some UK fans just last night. They still can’t understand that the rest of the SEC has upped their game and that UK is no longer head and shoulders above the rest. They are now saying what many outsiders have been saying for years, that UK needed to do more than just rely on one and done players and that Cal really wasn’t that good of a coach. However, they also seem to think that if they just find the right coach that UK will move right up to the top of the heap in no time at all. Like it won’t be any problem at all. If I was a coach considering taking the UK job, the unrealistic expectations by the fan base would have to be something that I take into consideration before deciding to take that job. It’s an almost no-win situation. If you merely win some of the time, you’re considered a failure. If you won several championships, you’d just be considered as doing what you were hired to do. No big deal. What about next year?
    You win by talking a 10mil a year......

I think UK can very easily go out and buy talent (NIL)

Its a the right mix of players and pieces that Cal couldn't figure out.

UK's fans are unrealistic. But Cal wasn't meeting expectations by any realistic standard. They're absolutely correct to be thrilled to have him head for the exit. I think he'll probably be reinvigorated and be a nice jolt for the Arkansas program for a 3 or 4 year period (if he actually ends up taking that job).