Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    I said the program and job are a mess and no good coach with a good gig is going there.....and that's exactly what happened.

Good for Kelsey. Hopefully he has a handsome buyout if in 2 years those morons decide to can him.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue;781027[B
    ]I said the program and job are a mess and no good coach with a good gig is going there.....and that's exactly what happened[/B].

Good for Kelsey. Hopefully he has a handsome buyout if in 2 years those morons decide to can him.
    Kind of. For one, Kelsey is a good coach. Secondly though, Heird the ad, was adamant that they were not going to hire someone with any baggage whatsoever. They could have had Musselman, Wade, Beard etc but they were never targets. If you think about it, there isn't much out there that don't have some baggage along the way. There's Scott Drew at that level, and that's about it.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Almost impossible for any coach to win immediately there. It's a mess.

But, you are paid hansomely, so there's that. If he can resurrect it, he will write his ticket.
    If this was 5-6 years ago, I'd agree with you. However, in this day and age of NIL and the transfer portal, it shouldn't take long. Louisville has deep deep pockets and a kind of insane but extremely passionate fanbase that will get behind a coach if he can win at a decent clip, and the team shows improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Cooley stepping down at Georgetown? LOL

Looks like I may have taken the bait.....
    The best parody account on all of social media is Nick Adams. Out of the 7 day week, something he does or says and the reaction that follows is probably the funniest thing I see all day at least 4 out of 7 days.

Three Year Letterman is great too.

All Simon Charles does is post crazy stories without any sort of corroboration at all, and then sits back and watches the reactions. It looks good enough and seems plausible enough to fool enough people to make it funny. It's one of the more entertaining sports parody accounts.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    If this was 5-6 years ago, I'd agree with you. However, in this day and age of NIL and the transfer portal, it shouldn't take long. Louisville has deep deep pockets and a kind of insane but extremely passionate fanbase that will get behind a coach if he can win at a decent clip, and the team shows improvement.
    Yeah, I'm with you on that, I mean Louisville is a tier below true blue blood, but there's plenty of resources at a coach's disposal there. The good thing for Kelsey here is that Payne was so damn awful that anything he does in "Season 0" will be a major improvement. I think he has the ability to do well at Louisville, how well? Who knows, but it won't be for a lack of courses or anything like that. There's still appeal to play at Louisville and have home games in the Yum Center in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    The best parody account on all of social media is Nick Adams. Out of the 7 day week, something he does or says and the reaction that follows is probably the funniest thing I see all day at least 4 out of 7 days.

Three Year Letterman is great too.

All Simon Charles does is post crazy stories without any sort of corroboration at all, and then sits back and watches the reactions. It looks good enough and seems plausible enough to fool enough people to make it funny. It's one of the more entertaining sports parody accounts.
    Coach is my favorite follow on Twitter.com!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Youth football coaching legend! Not some random clown!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Easily the best follow on Twitter.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Wow, I take the misses to the eye doctor, am gone about 2-3 hours, and all kinds of crazy breaks out! Kelsey to Loserville and X picks up a guard. Reid enters the portal. What’s next?!

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    If Schertz ends up at SLU does that mean he said no to Louisville in favor of SLU? That would certainly be a shot at Louisville as a program currently. SLU is the highest paying A10 job but it doesn't (obviously) have Louisville money.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17