Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    Jeez, that poor man has endured more than most of us could handle. Quite frankly I’m surprised he can even lift his head off his pillow every morning and continue working. I’m pretty certain I couldn’t. But YOU think he’s been a consistent underachiever.
    I'm not talking about him in his life. He has endured plenty there, and I agree. However, I'm talking about him as a basketball coach. Yes, I think he has underachieved at Dayton, and if you speak to most Dayton fans, they will agree. Once Xavier left the conference, Dayton became the school with the most resources in the A-10 and it isn't all the close. He has 1 NCAA tourney appearance, this year. Of course, he would have had two and probably been a one seed, but two tourney appearances in 7 years is not good.

Haven't even mentioned his time at Alabama.

Supporting Member
    From sources I hear that Scott Drew and Dusty May both have contracts in front of them for the Louisville job. Hearing that May can't commit though until Drew gives a No.

Drew isn't leaving Baylor. He's built that program and won a Natty. Why you would leave that for the shit program that Louisville has become?

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Drew isn't leaving Baylor. He's built that program and won a Natty. Why you would leave that for the shit program that Louisville has become?
    $$$$ (see Saban, Nick)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Well for one, $.

Two, it's been a mess since Pitino left, but historically you are talking about a top tenish program with unlimited resources, and a fanbase/arena that is second to none. The FBI cloud is gone, and the board/ad/president that mishandled everything are all gone.

You may be right that Drew may not leave, but Baylor is still Baylor and Louisville is still Louisville. It also gets him a bit closer to home

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    $$$$ (see Saban, Nick)
    true, but if you're smart and happy making 3.7M a year.......why risk it taking over a dumpster fire?

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    true, but if you're smart and happy making 3.7M a year.......why risk it taking over a dumpster fire?
    Have you missed the decisions of nearly every college coach not named Mark Few the last 30 years?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    All it takes is a good coach...it's really not a dumpster fire at present, it had been for sure . The team sucks, but that can easily change in one season with the resources/nil money that louisville has along with the facilities etc.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Have you missed the decisions of nearly every college coach not named Mark Few the last 30 years?
    No I haven't, but most leave their current situation to make 2X or 3X their current pay. Also, most move to improve league and program status. Big 12 is a better, deeper conference than the ACC. If UL offers $8-10M a year, then I guess he will have a tough decision to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    All it takes is a good coach...it's really not a dumpster fire at present, it had been for sure . The team sucks, but that can easily change in one season with the resources/nil money that louisville has along with the facilities etc.
    Sort of agree, but UL has been a shit show for almost 10 years. The last few years with Pitino and all of the issues forcing them to let him go.......to present. I think the program has a major stain on it and that will impact their ability to attract their top candidates. Theres a reason why they hired Kenny Payne two years ago.