Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Dusty May is going to have a nice $ pick ahead of him. I think Kelsey is going to get one of these jobs too.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I think Kelsey is going to get one of these jobs too.
    He's got a pretty good gig in Charleston.

$1M per year in a vacation destination or $2M per year in mid-America at an average program in a major conference?

Supporting Member
    The dumbass Columbus Dispatch finally learned something that all of us knew...Miller isn't taking that job.

May, Diebler now "top candidates."

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post

$1M per year in a vacation destination or $2M per year in mid-America at an average program in a major conference?
    I know which one I'd choose, but maybe Kelsey wants to be at a "big time" conference school.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post

You are correct. I have thought about this and don’t have an answer. I am guessing Pat has a high quality of life at Charleston. One thing to note, the OSU and Michigan job will pay a lot more than 2 million a year in HC salary. Kelsey can be selective, but he will not finish his career at Charleston.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    And Juwan Howard out at Michigan.

That job should garner some interest
    Probably the most attractive job out there right now.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    You are correct. I have thought about this and don’t have an answer. I am guessing Pat has a high quality of life at Charleston. One thing to note, the OSU and Michigan job will pay a lot more than 2 million a year in HC salary. Kelsey can be selective, but he will not finish his career at Charleston.
    I don't think Kelsey gets a job like OSU or Michigan yet - I was thinking more along the lines of a Vanderbilt.

Most of these mid-majors are still a huge jump to a major conference. Schools like Michigan and OSU are going to be under tremendous pressure to win right away. It will be hard for an AD to pull the trigger on a mid-major guy under that pressure.

Kelsey will probably get there eventually, but he needs success at somewhere in-between first.
    Last edited by drudy23; 03-15-2024 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Probably the most attractive job out there right now.
    It's not Louisville. But probably #2.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    It's not Louisville. But probably #2.
    I think under “normal” circumstances, UofL is a better gig. But that job has just chewed up 2 guys in 6 years. Not a sure thing by any measure

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    I think under “normal” circumstances, UofL is a better gig. But that job has just chewed up 2 guys in 6 years. Not a sure thing by any measure
    Fair, but it's a lot easier to follow Kenny Payne than Denny Crum and Rick Pitino!