Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    The win /win is Chris Beard. The guy is a winner, has won at every stop, and he is crazy himself exhibited by his love of crazy ladies.

Make fun of me all you want, but UK would be fools not to offer it to him at like 6-7M.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    The win /win is Chris Beard. The guy is a winner, has won at every stop, and he is crazy himself exhibited by his love of crazy ladies.

Make fun of me all you want, but UK would be fools not to offer it to him at like 6-7M.
    I think he's a great fit. I think he's a nutjob, and a heck of a coach. If Drew turns them down, I'd think Pearl/Beard would be the next calls. If that tier, says no (which i wouldn't think it would get that far but who knows) that's when I think Miller is in play.
    Last edited by Xville; 04-10-2024 at 02:44 PM.

Sophomore
    Drew says no to kentucky

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    Drew says no to kentucky
    Honestly, probably a good thing for all involved. I don't think he's a fit there. Gotta go Pearl/Beard next right? I mean both great fits imo.

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    Drew says no to kentucky
    Well shit, there goes my entire day. Now I have to spend the day laughing at the things Kentucky fans say on messageboards.

Next man up?

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Billy D hasn't said no yet but if he does:

Probably a group of:

Pearl
    Beard
    Otz

After that you probably get into a group where Miller is considered along the like of Shaka, Brad Underwood, Mark Pope.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Honestly, probably a good thing for all involved. I don't think he's a fit there. Gotta go Pearl/Beard next right? I mean both great fits imo.
    Think the only reason it was heavily rumored was Drew and the AD being really good friends or something of that nature, I agree Drew wasn't a fit there. He can stay at a program he took from the ashes, continue to preach at his religiously affiliated school in practices, and they're gonna build a damn statue of him there. He gets a new arena, is getting great recruits and is the man there. UK fans were hilariously underwhelmed at the prospect of Drew as if he isn't a helluva coach. I wonder if they take a swing at Pearl, he's in his 60s now, think he's okay with the relatively tempered expectations at Auburn, would be interesting to see him at the helm of UK though. Beard's a great hire if they go that route as well in my opinion.

If Mack hadn't jumped ship and kept building things here, perhaps he gets the big call from UK.
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Sophomore
    I am not sure how connected UK blogger Matt Jones is to the decision makers. I listened to a Twitter spaces with him last night about the search. This was before Scott Drew turned the job down. Matt stated door has not officially closed on Bill D and Hurley. He also stated 5 secondary candidates have been contacted. He didn’t know priority of secondary candidates and didn’t know all 5. He did mention Shaka and Sean Miller in the list of the 5 secondary candidates. He stated Kentucky Ad has already spoken to agents or in some cases the secondary candidates themselves. Hoping Uk lands a candidate at the top of the list. I am not completely nervous, but starting to get a little uneasy.