Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Hmm, I wonder why JC himself would feed into the "narrative":

“We’ve been able to help so many kids and win so many games and Final Fours, national titles and all this stuff, win league championships with young guys. It’s changed on us. All of a sudden it’s gotten really old. So we’re playing teams that our average age is 19. Their average age is 24 and 25. So do I change because of that? Maybe add a couple of older guys to supplement."

But stats and quotes aren't real are they? It's all just "reading comprehension", right?

Here's JC right after Oakland whining again about how young UK was:

Supporting Member
    Oats already said no…. Who’s next?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    My grandma could start an argument with you....and she's been dead for 15 years.

(actually, I'd put my money on my grandma)
    Haha, can’t stop laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Oats already said no…. Who’s next?
    Hurley

UConn is the dominant program in the last 25 years. Up to 6 National Championships. UK has 4 since 1959, and only 1 (2012) that most high school or college players can remember.

But I think that the main thing that recruits consider is….how many players has the school sent to the NBA recently? I’d have to do some digging to get those numbers for comparison.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 04-09-2024 at 07:03 AM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Hurley
    Apparently he already said no, but maybe he sings a different tune once uk offers to double his salary. Sounds like his wife has zero interest in coming to mid America though lol.

Apparently he already said no, but maybe he sings a different tune once uk offers to double his salary. Sounds like his wife has zero interest in coming to mid America though lol.
    If Rick Pitino can convince Joanne Pitino to come to middle America, anything is possible!

I definitely hope Hurley and his wife continue to feel this way and stay far, far away, but the kind of life THEY would lead in the middle of horse country in Lexington, Ky. would be pretty magical. But please, no one tell them!

Supporting Member
    Personally I think its's a real possibility that UK throws everything at Hurley, Donovan and Drew....and they all say no. That opens up a different and large pool of candidates. I'd have to think Miller would be in that pool. How high or low, I dunno but it's something to keep an eye on.

If UK was smart, they would save money and pay for Chris Beard out of Ole Miss at a discount. The guy kills it at every spot and would do well in Lexington. I would just tell him to cut the crazy ladies out of life first.

If we lost Miller, X should go after Beard. He would love a chance at a better basketball school.

All signs are pointing to Drew at Kentucky. There were some rumors of UK floating an absolutly silly number to Hurley, but that talk seems to have cooled.

I kind of like Drew. Guess that will have to change.

Sophomore
    Personally I think its's a real possibility that UK throws everything at Hurley, Donovan and Drew....and they all say no. That opens up a different and large pool of candidates. I'd have to think Miller would be in that pool. How high or low, I dunno but it's something to keep an eye on.
    I think Sean would have a slightly better chance than Kevin Keatts, and I’d give Keatts a slightly better chance than the return of Billy Gillispie. You are right, though, the search gets more interesting if the pie-in-the-sky options all balk. Some names I heard today were Shaka Smart, TJ Otzelberger, and yes, Rick Pitino.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb