Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Game Thread: Xavier vs Creighton (2/10/2024)

VS.

CINCINNATI --- The Xavier University Musketeers, 13-10 overall and 7-5 in the BIG EAST Conference, host the No. 19/18 Creighton University Bluejays, 16-7 overall and 7-5 in the BIG EAST, at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday afternoon. Xavier enters the contest with a three-game winning streak, while Creighton is coming off a tough 91-87 overtime loss at Providence on Wednesday.

This is Hall of Fame Weekend for Xavier Athletics. Xavier will induct six new members into the Xavier Athletic Hall of Fame at a Friday night dinner event at Cintas Center and will honor them again at halftime of the Creighton game. This year's six-member induction class includes a pair of men's basketball players who led Xavier to its first-ever BIG EAST Basketball Regular Season Championship and No. 1 NCAA seed in 2018, Trevon Bluiett ('18) and J.P. Macura ('18). Bluiett and Macura, who led Xavier to four NCAA Tournament appearances, both made the 2017 All-West Regional Team as they led XU to the 2017 Elite Eight.

THE MATCHUP

XAVIER UNIVERSITY MUSKETEERS (13-10, 7-5 BIG EAST)
    NO. 19/18 CREIGHTON UNIVERSITY BLUEJAYS (16-7, 7-5 BIG EAST)
    SATURDAY, FEB. 7, 2024 AT 12:30 P.M. ET
    CINTAS CENTER IN CINCINNATI, OHIO

TV, RADIO AND LIVE STATS

Television: FOX national, including FOX 19 in Cincinnati, with play-by-play from Tim Brando and analysis from Robbie Hummel.
    Xavier Radio: 700 WLW-AM with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer Joe Sunderman ('79) analysis from XU all-time leading scorer and Hall of Famer Byron Larkin ('88). XU broadcast is also on the Varsity Network and on SXM.
    National Radio: ESPN Radio with Mike Couzens and Bob Valvano on the call.

Live Stats: Media stats at Statbroadcast.com and fan stats at GoXavier.com.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Not sure why they have the game on February 7...but I think it's the 10th.
    Big doings: Fox National, and ESPN radio.

Let's just win this for JP and Trevon. If we're trailing...suit them up. They beat Creighton twice in '18.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    x -1.5

Surprised...kenpom says pick'em or Creighton -1. May be a good sign!!

Junior
    Wish there was more chatter about McDermott leaving. Maybe distract the team more.

We seemed to get in the lane quite a bit last game but KAlkbrenner scared us a bit. Thought we were the better team through 30 min last time. They scare me because they can get so hot from deep. Hope it’s an off day and we will be fine. Kinda expect it to be a toss up at the last media time out.

Supporting Member
    Lots of foul trouble with Swain, Ousmane and Q that X had to deal with the last time. Pretty sure they all had 4 with like 6 or 7 minutes left. I don't expect the same ridiculous favorable whistle that Creighton received. If Creighton doesn't shoot out of their minds, X wins.
    Last edited by Xville; 02-09-2024 at 02:28 PM.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    So mad I have to miss being there for this one. Didn't realize Tre and JP would be there as well.

When are they going to retire Tre's number already? I won't miss that one!
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

All-Conference
    Win please.

Any guess who refs will be

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flatspat View Post
    Any guess who refs will be
    Please no Breeding or Charge O'Connell
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Breeding only has to drive from Louisville. I'd b happy wbClougherty Gaffney or Shows if not doing SEC