Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Please don't take this as a shot at Miller. It's not. But Miller was the head coach at Arizona for 12 seasons and has never been to a Final Four. I think we'd have had a good shot to get to one with Miller at the helm the whole time, but I have a hard time being CERTAIN that he'd have taken us to one when he never could get Arizona there.
    That's fair. I think though that if Miller stays, that 2009-2010 team could have won the whole damn thing, because D Brown most likely stays (at least miller believes he would have stayed.)
    Last edited by Xville; 02-07-2024 at 02:18 PM.

Supporting Member
    I would give some consideration to the 1988 NCAA Tournament game when Byron Larkin went down with a pulled muscle and was ineffective for the remainder of the game. A deeper run in the tournament may have sped up program's development.

Sophomore
    Haven’t read through this thread so apologies if it’s already on here but the non intentional foul call against Cage in OSU tourney game.
    I just think that may have propelled them and the program to new heights had they won that game!

Xavier vs West Virginia in the 2008 NCAA Tournament. At some point late in the game a Xavier player drove the lane and was mugged without a foul being called. I got pissed at the refs and kicked a hole in my wall (less than a year after I bought the house). BJ Raymond helped X win that game but I was on my own fixing my wall.
    Last edited by Smooth; 02-07-2024 at 04:24 PM.
    No, I be concubining.

January 31, 1990. After Jamal Walker hit the 3 with 7 seconds left a friend went to hug me and missed. He hit me in the stomach where I had shingles. I was so f-ed up on pain pills and alcohol that I couldn't spell my name but that still hurt like hell. I wouldn't change the play, just what happened afterwards.
    No, I be concubining.

Phantom fouls on A Myles elite 8 vs Duke 2004 I believe. Cost us he game.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by cutterX View Post
    Haven’t read through this thread so apologies if it’s already on here but the non intentional foul call against Cage in OSU tourney game.
    I just think that may have propelled them and the program to new heights had they won that game!
    I HATED the talking heads after the game.

They said the intentional foul on oden should NOT be called because he was just a freshman that did a freshman thing and that shouldn’t impact the outcome of the game.

Then I’m the next sentence they applaud Ron Lewis for making the kind of shot that a Senior makes.

Like what the fuck? You can’t lose due to the actions of a freshman, but you deserve to win due to the actions of a senior?

If fucking furious right now, and about to board a plane. Keep an eye on the news for the next few hours…

Here is one that won’t get a lot of press….

Watch the last possession of that notorious game at Butler with the clock issue.

Jordan Crawford watches the last few seconds go by while he is face down out of bounds literally watching the play.

In the meantime, Gordon Hayward makes the hustle play of a lifetime and they steal that win from us.

One guy flamed out in the NBA despite having elite level talent.

The other guy has made probably 100m and carved out close to 15 years in the league.

Can you guess which guy is which?

Junior
    That’s the play that comes to mind? A meaningless regular season game at Butler? Lol my goodness.

Also laughable to suggest Hayward was a hustle guy and not an elite level talent. He was much more talented than JC, as much as I love JC.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    That’s the play that comes to mind? A meaningless regular season game at Butler? Lol my goodness.

Also laughable to suggest Hayward was a hustle guy and not an elite level talent. He was much more talented than JC, as much as I love JC.
    +1
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17