Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

What One Play in Xavier History Would you Change?

If you could change one play in Xavier history, what play would you change?

My buddies and I were discussing this, curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

My initial thought was Anthony Myles 5th foul, however, that doesn't guarantee victory, he could have fouled out 30 secs later.

Then I went to Derrick Brown's foot barely being out of bounds against #1 Pitt. If he is in, X wins that game and goes to the elite 8.

My buddies had some other really good ones that didn't come to my mind right away but were great ones.

How about you?
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Freshman
    Justin Cage missing that foul shot at Rupp vs OSU in '07. The most painful loss ever.

Quote Originally Posted by muskieindent View Post
    Justin Cage missing that foul shot at Rupp vs OSU in '07. The most painful loss ever.
    The Ron Lewis 3 is the play I'd like to have a different outcome.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    The Ron Lewis 3 is the play I'd like to have a different outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by muskieindent View Post
    Yeah my buddies brought this up but in 2 different ways. You could either change:

-Cage makes FT
    -Lewis misses 3
    -Ref calls intentional foul

If any of those happen differently X wins that to go to Sweet 16 and takes out #1 OSU and Thad.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    A couple of plays from the end of the tournament game against wisconsin in 2016 come to mind. Prefer not to think about those too hard though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    A couple of plays from the end of the tournament game against wisconsin in 2016 come to mind. Prefer not to think about those too hard though lol.
    The Koenig 3 is the easy one there and came up in my discussion with friends.

Junior
    Probably something in that Pitt game. D brown shoe, I think they hit a huge 3 late. But think that team was best equipped to head to final four over the one that would’ve beat OSU. (Wasn’t pitt the overall number 1 seed too?)

In 1990 X went to their first Sweet 16. X dominated thhe first half but in 2nd half, Texas blew by X. I wish Gillen, Strong, Hill, and Gladden and Jamal Walker would have altered their game plan in 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Probably something in that Pitt game. D brown shoe, I think they hit a huge 3 late. But think that team was best equipped to head to final four over the one that would’ve beat OSU. (Wasn’t pitt the overall number 1 seed too?)
    Xavier/Villanova would have been a great game.

There were seemingly seven threes K-State hit every time I thought Xavier finally had them in OT in 2010. Maybe if one of those (probably actually 2 or 3) big shots had missed, we'd have won that one.

This should be FUN!

First thoughts, I am reminded of Derrick Brown’s foot size and Greg Oden being an A-hole.