Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I just mean surely getting name called, but could be in Dayton. According to Bart tovik:
    Finishing regular season 18-13 has X 73% of time

17-14 would be 45%. So not exactly surely out, I guess.
    19-12 has them in 91% while closely resembling an 8 seed.

I feel very good that 18-13 gets them in. 17-14 does not. Because they’d finish with 15 losses (assuming they didn’t win BET in which case it doesn’t matter) with 2 Q3 losses. 18-15 just doesn’t seem like there’s a chance. 19-14 looks like classic PIG territory
    I agree 100% with those estimated %'s.

Let's get it done!

The best would be us making it and UC collapsing and not, lmao.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    What are you talking about? Even after the Villanova game he is at 35% from 3 which is not bad for a forward. He, Green and
    McNight are essentially tied for 2nd behind Olivari (all between 34-36%).

Quote Originally Posted by profson View Post
    What are you talking about? Even after the Villanova game he is at 35% from 3 which is not bad for a forward. He, Green and
    McNight are essentially tied for 2nd behind Olivari (all between 34-36%).
    I assume you were talking to me?

Gytis takes wide open catch and shoot 3s from the top of the key. How many of those have you seen Olivari, Green, and McKnight take? Not many, cause those guys would hit 60% from there. Our best shooter have to work the hardest to take the toughest shots they can get and still nail near 40%.

Remember free last year? He didn’t shoot at all for the first half of the year, and then was nails when the clock ran down and he could catch and shoot open with no pressure. He was great at that.

Those are the looks that Gytis is getting.

I believe some guys get left open on purpose to entice them to shoot. I’m not sure Gytis is in that spot. But clearly defending his outside shot is not a priority
    Last edited by MHettel; 02-08-2024 at 10:13 PM.

The only thing that matters to me is that he hits them.

Miller may think the hit rate, although not horrible, is not high enough to warrant not being under the basket or not being able to get back when he misses, or something else.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Supporting Member
    Not that he has the best track record, but lunardi now has x in his next four out. Creepin’ up

All-Conference
    UC v XU in the PIG? I would have to make the drive up for that one.

Now that I think about, since we beat them, just put us in.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    UC v XU in the PIG? I would have to make the drive up for that one.

Now that I think about, since we beat them, just put us in.
    That would be pretty nuts. I went to the PIG when we played NC State. What a miserable game that was. And of course the whole arena was rooting for NC State.

If X is in the PIG I will be there.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    That couldn't happen since we played them in the reg. season, right? Thought that couldn't happen until sweet 16 round?

Big East Games that I care about this weekend, and can impact XU's bubble status....

1- XU over Creighton
    2- Marquette over SJU
    3- Butler over Providence- BIG game for both teams, and could nudge Providence out of the discussion for awhile.
    4- Seton Hall over Nova- Could be the deathblow for Nova...

IF we get all of these results, XU would be 8-5 and AHEAD of Creighton at #4 by ourselves. Creighton and Butler would be 7-6, and SJU & prov will be 6-7. Nova at 5-8 would be n life support.

However, IF all goes as planned but NOVA beats SHU, then XU would then be tied for THIRD with SHU, and Nova would be alive at 6-7.

Have to assume that just an XU win over Creighton gets us into the bracket, unless of course no other bubble teams lose....

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    That couldn't happen since we played them in the reg. season, right? Thought that couldn't happen until sweet 16 round?
    I'm not sure if that applies for the play in game. That is a good question though.