Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    20-15 will at least make it worth watching selection Sunday. It would be PIG best case. But we at least get to enjoy another game . Had we lost this one it would have been deflating.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    20-15 will at least make it worth watching selection Sunday. It would be PIG best case. But we at least get to enjoy another game . Had we lost this one it would have been deflating.
    No one wants to be the only team other than DePaul to lose to Georgetown this year. We made it way too infesting in both games, but thank Claude he saved that effort for tonight.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Supporting Member
    Nova win at home is now a quad 1.

With a 2-0 week (highly unlikely but we can dream) x would have 5 quad 1 wins, one of the buy game losses dropped to a quad 4 though yikes.

Oakland and Delaware will haunt this season.
    Good thing they were at home...saved us from watching a court storming on TV.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

BE bubble is now down to 4 teams according to ESPN, all with “work to do”. Nova and SHU play each other still. And I think one of those teams also still plays Creighton. SJU I think l has the easiest schedule yet.

6 bids seems unlikely. 4 or 5 is probably 50/50 at this point. Not a banner year for the BE, and we’ve done our part towards that end….

Junior
    In thinking of the actual tournament though, I don’t think anyone outside the top 3 can do anything. Said all year I thought X could compete with everyone but the big 3….but that’s bc I didn’t think anyone else was worth while either. Having said that, I could see the top 3 all competing for a F4 spot.

Yeah, we need to show up in the dance. Nova and UConn have carried the load for us. Generally speaking the rest of the BE (X included) has performed below their seeding. Critical to stay near the top as a conference as the realignment and NIL and Portal impacts are final.

TV money at stake as well….

Junior
    I don’t lose any sleep over how BE performs in tournament. If Uconn repeats I’ll use it to maybe brag on conference to UC buddies but I’d rather they lose early. I’d like to see creighton and Marquette do well though

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Bloodbath in the Big East right now. All these bubble teams keep beating each other. Only 3 BE teams squarely in the dance right now, with SHU and Providence penciled into the first four. Providence is getting waxed by Nova today, and Nova may sneak into a better position that their current situation just off the bubble. SHU plays UConn tomorrow and likely faces a loss and bumps them off the bubble.

SJU still has some life. Butler and XU are out of it. X can’t even play spoiler at this point.

Nova plays SHU soon. That’s an elimination game. If Nova wins that they still need to play Creighton. If SHU wins, they get a gimme in DePaul to end the year.

Providence still has a game against UConn.

SJU only has DePaul and GTown left and could finish 11-9, 19-12. Could they sneak in?

Not a good year for the BE. I’d say there is actually a chance that the BE gets only 4 teams in. I think 5 teams is pretty likely. 6 seems like a long shot. The challenge becomes if one of the bubble teams steals the auto bid, it probably just knocks a different BE team off the bubble.
    Nova is 26 in the NET and has 4 quad 1 wins. They beat Seton Hall and they on the road and they are probably close to a lock.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Nova is 26 in the NET and has 4 quad 1 wins. They beat Seton Hall and they on the road and they are probably close to a lock.
    As of today, ESPN has them as one of 32 teams on the bubble fighting for 17 spots. 10 of those teams are characterized as “should be in”, and 22 of those teams, and including Nova, is in the “work to do” category. They are by no means a lock. I’m fact, if you assume the “should be in teams” all make it that leaves 7 bids for the 22 “work to do” teams….before any conference tourney upsets

I think 2 out of 4 of SHU, PC, SJU, and Nova will make it. It’s a coin toss right now. Could very well come don’t to the BET, especially if these teams go head to head

My guess is SJU and Nova end up in with either / or / both in Dayton….