Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Oh so now we are going to deflect and move the goalposts to take away from the fact you’re wrong? I have already stated as to how and why we will be 12-8 or even better 13-7. Just because you chose to ignore that, doesn’t mean I didn’t “contribute” more than that. You can read my outline in other threads.

Your contribution was speaking to something that doesn’t matter because it’s not a factor in the criteria. Way to go I guess.

Are we gelling yet?
    You the one all knotted up over this. I think 6-4 is reasonable, and we need some help. Facts. If we get that help, the standings shake out a certain way that puts us slightly above some of the BE bubble teams.

You can twist that into whatever form you want. If you want to read that as a strict connection between standings and the “criteria” in your article, then so be it. I’m saying we are in a crowded mess and we are t in the best spot.

We need to avoid bad losses, split the toss up games and steal at least one good win. Yet even if we do this exact thing, the final outcome will more than likely have to do with how butler, SJU and Nova finish

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    You the one all knotted up over this. I think 6-4 is reasonable, and we need some help. Facts. If we get that help, the standings shake out a certain way that puts us slightly above some of the BE bubble teams.

You can twist that into whatever form you want. If you want to read that as a strict connection between standings and the “criteria” in your article, then so be it. I’m saying we are in a crowded mess and we are t in the best spot.

We need to avoid bad losses, split the toss up games and steal at least one good win. Yet even if we do this exact thing, the final outcome will more than likely have to do with how butler, SJU and Nova finish
    You talk about conference standings and then say I’m twisting something by talking about conference standings, ok. X isn’t going 6-4 so we don’t have to worry about it. 7-3 at worst, well 6-3 now.

Avoid losing to gtown and DePaul and go 4-3 the rest of the games. It’s really not a daunting task at all considering x has beaten providence and hall already, lost by one to nova on the road and have creighton at home who isn’t that great, that x let slip away and got McDermotted.

All that matters is what x does here on out. If the resume is good enough (quad 1 and 2 wins, no more bad losses etc) then they will be in. If not, they won’t. What nova, sju or butler does only factors in that they could be bubble teams with similar resumes just like every other bubble team that isn’t in our conference. Their “ ranking” in our conference has zero to do with whether they or x are chosen.
    Last edited by Xville; 02-03-2024 at 10:59 PM.

Without reading all of this , I will sum it up pretty easily. Go 19-14 and don’t lose to DePaul at home or Gtown on the road and you dance. Don’t need 6 paragraphs to state the obvious. 19-14 gets you in the PIG
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I’ll purposely sound flippant. I disagree about the committee not giving any consideration of conference standings. It is likely that there could be 2-3 BE teams fighting on the bubble. You don’t think it will matter the way those teams ranked in conference? You think they might take the 7th ranked team over the 5th.

That’s nonsense.

We have 8 of 11 teams currently in the discussion. We make 9. Many of the remaining Big East games will matter to us. I don’t see us going 7-3, so we need help. 7-3 probably DOES get us in, and 5-5 probably means we don’t. So 6-4 is what matters most, but other circumstances will factor in
    In the Big East, you can put a little more weight on conference standings with a balanced schedule. Unfortunately, most conferences are unbalanced schedules so you can't really go by conference standings alone. If you're Memphis and you're a game over .500 in the American without Houston, Cincinnati and even UCF, that's obviously going to hurt them in that regard.

19-14
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

So all you have “contributed” this year is we will be 12-8 and that will get us in.

Well 12-8 gets any BE team in ANY year. How is that insightful.

And we’re 5-5. But suddenly we’re a 7-3 team.

This is going to be a nailbiter. We have very little room if we are 6-4.

We’re currently viewed as 9th. This is 5 or 6 bid league. I’m betting we get 6 in, and seeding will align to the finish order of the BE.

Wildcard is BET, and I’m not going there.

The reason a 5-5 team could go 7-3 in the second half is because we play DePaul and Georgetown three times and don't play uconn again. It's not that complicated. Xville isn't saying Xavier is going to play out of its mind. The math is there to do it, plain and simple.

We went 4-3 against non DePaul/Georgetown/Uconn. In the second half, we need to go 4-3 against those teams again (and obviously sweep DePaul/georgetown).
    Last edited by fellahmuskie; 02-04-2024 at 06:15 AM.

All-Conference
    If we can stay in the top 4-5 and get a bye, you would think that would have to warrant major consideration.

I'd take the PIG in a heartbeat the way this season has gone. Next 4 very winnable.

The only time where a team finished in the standings matters is the teams that finish in 1st place. All teams finishing in 1st at least get consideration on the at large board if they lose in their conf tournament.

Most leagues have unbalanced schedule though the BE does not have this.

The committee only cares about who you played (W/L) and where you played. They do not care 1 bit about where you finished in the league standings save 1st place.
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

X can still make it but it is going to be awfully tough. You just can't lose home games to Oakland and Delaware. Odds are very much stacked against X at this point with those 2 devastating losses.
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryMuto View Post
    The only time where a team finished in the standings matters is the teams that finish in 1st place. All teams finishing in 1st at least get consideration on the at large board if they lose in their conf tournament.

Most leagues have unbalanced schedule though the BE does not have this.

The committee only cares about who you played (W/L) and where you played. They do not care 1 bit about where you finished in the league standings save 1st place.
    Thank you