Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

"Divine Providence"

Anyone else been following this on Twitter? I can't get enough. Goodman is an absolute clown.

Watched the documentary last week then the shit hit the fan Monday with the Goodman DM's.

I thought the documentary was great. Goodman has a hard on for Cooley I guess.

Goodman's comments today on the matter made it even worse, imo.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Because of this post, I watched it, and I'm trying to figure out what the problem is. One guy called Cooley Hitler. That wasn't great. But otherwise...the affair rumors aren't exactly new.

But Goodman is a complete putz, so I'm not surprised he'd get caught up in some stupid shit.

Nm
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 01-31-2024 at 01:17 AM.

I can’t understand how Goodman ever got tv work. I literally can’t watch him.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    I can’t understand how Goodman ever got tv work. I literally can’t watch him.
    I watched it yesterday. I am not a big fan of spreading his marital issues on YouTube. Everything else was very entertaining.

Supporting Member
    Think it was a great doc and shows how big of a scumbag Cooley is. Don’t know why Goodman got his panties in a bunch.. maybe his buddy Fanta said he was misled or something. The “threats” are immature and unprofessional. I used to like watching field of 68, not for Goodman but I like Fanta and some of the other guys on there, probably won’t support that anymore. I like how portnoy basically called Goodman a pussy.

Fanta is great but Goodman and Dauster suck.

The guy who made the doc claims Fanta was given the ability to review and cut any of his lines (stating he did cut 7-8) and that he saw the whole thing before its release and he loved it. If true I don't see how Fanta needs "defending" from Goodman, Fanta was great in it.

Goodman implying Fanta could have possibly been tricked into thinking this was put out by the Big East is absurd. Fanta freaking works for the BE.

I get Fanta maybe catching some heat from Cooley or BE about being in the doc (well not really but can see how he is in a little bit of a tough spot) but if he really got to see the whole thing and signed off and is now implying he was duped, that isn't a good look by Fanta either.

To complicate matters his dad just died Monday, which is horrible. Shitty time for all this to be happening to him right now.

Of course Goodman and Dauster are using that in this situation which is terrible. Those guys both suck.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Fanta is great but Goodman and Dauster suck.

The guy who made the doc claims Fanta was given the ability to review and cut any of his lines (stating he did cut 7-8) and that he saw the whole thing before its release and he loved it. If true I don't see how Fanta needs "defending" from Goodman, Fanta was great in it.

Goodman implying Fanta could have possibly been tricked into thinking this was put out by the Big East is absurd. Fanta freaking works for the BE.

I get Fanta maybe catching some heat from Cooley or BE about being in the doc (well not really but can see how he is in a little bit of a tough spot) but if he really got to see the whole thing and signed off and is now implying he was duped, that isn't a good look by Fanta either.

To complicate matters his dad just died Monday, which is horrible. Shitty time for all this to be happening to him right now.

Of course Goodman and Dauster are using that in this situation which is terrible. Those guys both suck.
    Is Fanta saying any of that or are you just speculating that that is why Goodman could be angry?

The threats by Goodman are pretty insane. If he didn't own the field of 68, he'd probably be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Is Fanta saying any of that or are you just speculating that that is why Goodman could be angry?

The threats by Goodman are pretty insane. If he didn't own the field of 68, he'd probably be fired.
    Well the guy who made is said "it sucked when I started hearing rumors that this interviewee was telling people that he didn't know what the doc would look like when it aired, when in reality they had seen the entire thing and said it was outstanding."

That is referencing Fanta without saying his name. And in Goodman's non apology apology video yesterday, he also implied Fanta was duped and he'll always protect "his guys" and that is why he was so upset.

Fanta hasn't said anything about it publicly that I have seen. It really sucks for him if Goodman is talking out his ass (likely) and Fanta actually did like the doc. Fanata can't really come out and say that and defend the doc at this point because of that. I mean he could, but it would probably only be done along with severing ties to Goodman and the Field of 68.