Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Game Thread: Xavier vs Creighton (1/23/2024)

VS.

CINCINNATI --- The Xavier University Musketeers, 10-8 overall and 4-3 in the BIG EAST Conference, visit the No. 17 Creighton University Bluejays, 14-5 overall and 5-3 in the BIG EAST, on Tuesday night for an 8:30 p.m. ET game. Xavier enters the game with a three-game winning streak, while Creighton is coming off a wild 97-94 triple overtime win at Seton Hall on Saturday.

Xavier is hoping to continue its recent success against Creighton. XU has won five of the last six meetings vs. CU, although the Bluejays won last year's game in Omaha.

THE MATCHUP

XAVIER UNIVERSITY MUSKETEERS (10-8, 4-3 BIG EAST)
    NO. 17 CREIGHTON UNIVERSITY BLUEJAYS (14-5, 5-3 BIG EAST)
    TUESDAY, JANUARY 23, 2024 AT 8:30 P.M. ET (7:30 CT)
    CHI HEALTH CENTER OMAHA IN OMAHA, NEB.

TV, RADIO AND LIVE STATS

Television: FS1 with play-by-play from Kevin Kugler and analysis from Nick Bahe.
    Xavier Radio: 700 WLW-AM with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer Joe Sunderman ('79) and analysis from XU all-time leading scorer and Hall of Famer Byron Larkin ('88). XU broadcast is also on the Varsity Network and on SXM.

Live Stats: Media stats at Statbroadcast.com and fan stats at GoXavier.com.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Junior
    Enormous opportunity here. A loss doesn’t hurt, but at some point X will need to steal a game they aren’t suppose to win. A win does wonders for them.

I’m surprised to see X has won 5 of the last 6 against them. That’s impressive.

Supporting Member
    X +8. Give me some

All-Conference
    Win please.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    2 things to look out for tonight:

1) Who will be Creighton's lock-down defender? Ryan Nembhard did a great job on Boum in the game in Omaha, but he's now starting for Gonzaga.

2) Can Xavier exploit Creighton's lack of a bench? If ever there was an opportunity for Trey Green and Dailyn Swain to break out, tonight would be one.

Tempo will be a large factor in this game. X needs to push, push, push.

Supporting Member
    Not having kaluma is a big thing for creighton. They didn’t replace him with anyone nearly as good. If Claude plays admirably against schweirman and abou holds his own against kalkbrenner, x can pull this out

It's just so damn tough to play in Omaha, think we have a puncher's chance, but wouldn't bet on it. I'm not watching so we won't have any hiccups and an X victory should be guaranteed.

Swain gets the start!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

How great would it be if we could steal this one? Miller can coach circles around McDermott. Gotta figure out a way to keep Ousmane out of foul trouble.
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg