Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boum or Quincy

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar

Boum or Quincy

Who is the better one year transfer? Asked this questions to several friends, seems to be split down the middle.

Boum helped X to a 3 seed but imagine Quincy with Hunter and Free. Can Quincy will this team to the tourney??
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    As good as Boum was offensively, he was horrid on d. For that reason, I’ll take olivari.

Junior
    Situations are much different. Q would’ve thrived last year, too. I’m not sold that Boum could on this years team. It’s a damn shame Freemantle went out last year, because I think they had a final four type run in em if healthy. They did beat the national champs twice.

Sounds weird but if I could pick between the two I’d always go Q. If we can’t find a way to make the tournament, boum is the better transfer.

I think there is a serious YTD component to this. As good as Boum was, and he was, his end-of-season fade was hugely disappointing, If Olive can avoid the same fate, and, as Xav stated, make the tournament and then do something, it would be a slam dunk - or maybe a three pointer.

Just making the tourney itself seems a huge expectation at this point. Unfortunately, I will likely forget that and be upset if they do not go on.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Olivari affects this current squad more with his defense, scoring and rebounding. Both are excellent shooters but I also will take Olivari.

How about McKnight? Would you take McKnight over Kunkle or Boum? I would.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Olivari affects this current squad more with his defense, scoring and rebounding. Both are excellent shooters but I also will take Olivari.

How about McKnight? Would you take McKnight over Kunkle or Boum? I would.
    I would to because again he is more of a complete player than either of those two. You put this backcourt on last years team, and x is a final four team imo.

I'd take Olivari.

Similar offensive stats so far . . . both have Big East talent/skill . . . but Olivari has a Big East body and Boum did not. (6'3" 200 lbs v 6'3" 175 lbs)

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    As good as Boum was, and he was, his end-of-season fade was hugely disappointing,.
    The dude gave everything he had all year and was running on fumes. He averaged over 35 minutes a game and played and started in all 37. All at 175 lbs soaking wet.

There was nothing disappointing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    The dude gave everything he had all year and was running on fumes. He averaged over 35 minutes a game and played and started in all 37. All at 175 lbs soaking wet.

There was nothing disappointing about it.
    I'm not saying it was unjustified. we would not have been in that position in the first place without him. It was not meant to be disparaging about Boum at all. But it was absolutely disappointing.

I loved cheering for Booooooooooom all year.
    Last edited by UCGRAD4X; 01-20-2024 at 06:50 PM.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    To be fair to Boum, a lot of guys had to play extended minutes last year because of a very short bench at the end of the year. I'm not going to hold that against him.