Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final 2%

Being a great athlete gets MUCH better with every generation.

Junior
    When I was a student and worked in the Bursars Office there were more students in the grad school & night school than undergrad.

Freshman
    It is good to see that the Director of Final 2% is a member of this Board ( XUFinal2). I have a few questions so I will address my comments to him or her. I assume you are responsible for both raising and disbursing the collective’s funds. I have never given to a non profit where I did not know the Executive Director and understand its mission. So I ask these questions.

(1) Who are you. Who chose you to be the Director. What is your background. Are you being compensated
    (2) What is your anticipated annual budget and what is your tentative allocation among all sports teams.

(3) Do you have any idea of the size of the budgets of the collectives of the other Big East Schools.

(4) Will you be offering NIL money to high school players.

(5) Do you negotiate the terms directly with the player or their agent.

(6) How do you determine the NIL value of each player.

(7) Do you have a cap on the amount you will give to any one player .

(8) Are you offering money on a multi year basis.

I wish you the best in expanding your donor base and hopefully this Board will be able to assist. I know you are in a competitive position vis a vis other collectives and you may be restrained from being public with information. But you should be able to invite members of this Board to a meeting where you will attempt to answer as many questions as possible. Soliciting Funds without adequate disclosure is not a good thing.

On the link that I originally posted on this thread, within the site, there is contact info directly to the folks involved.
    Below is that info:

GET IN TOUCH
    Are you looking to get in touch with FINAL 2%? Fill out the form below with your inquiry. Our team will be in touch post-form submission. Thanks!
    EMAIL US
    Email: info@final2percent.com
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Ok, Math time!

Lets assume there are 1000 XU Graduates a year going back 50 years. Thats 50,000 of us. We all decide to give 10 bucks a month. Thats 600K.

If we think we can compete by adding 600K in a scenario where 100% of alumni chip in, then its over before it starter.

Its not worth their time to deal with 10 a month.

They are looking for thousands. tens of thousands, preferrably. Hundreds of thousands if you can spare it...
    That’s $600,000 per MONTH….or $7.2 MILLION per YEAR.

That looks a whole lot different when you look at it that way, right? Why do you think that all those organizations you see advertising on TV for monthly donations only ask for $19 a month? X wouldn’t get 100% buyin anyway. But they might get 5% at $10/month and 5% at $20/month and 5% at $50 a month and 5% at $100/month…..that 20% making some kind of donation monthly.

$10 would net $25,000
    $20 would net $50,000
    $50 would net $125,000
    $100 would net $250,000

That’s a total of $450,000 per month and $5.4 MILLION dollars per year.

I’m betting that there a lot of X alumni that can afford $100 a month, I KNOW that there are a lot that could afford the $10.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Ok, Math time!

Lets assume there are 1000 XU Graduates a year going back 50 years. Thats 50,000 of us. We all decide to give 10 bucks a month. Thats 600K.

If we think we can compete by adding 600K in a scenario where 100% of alumni chip in, then its over before it starter.

Its not worth their time to deal with 10 a month.

They are looking for thousands. tens of thousands, preferrably. Hundreds of thousands if you can spare it...
    Your math ain't mathin' Hett......
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

All-Conference
    Nobody's math is mathin:

50,000 (XU Graduates) x $10 (Dollars Per Month) x 12 (# of Months) = $6,000,000 Per Year

That's at 100% participation, which will never happen. Take 10-20% of that $6,000,000 and you're in the ballpark of $600k - $1.2M per year.

Does $1M get the job done every year? I have no clue.
    Last edited by drudy23; 01-03-2024 at 11:50 AM.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    That’s $600,000 per MONTH….or $7.2 MILLION per YEAR.

That looks a whole lot different when you look at it that way, right? Why do you think that all those organizations you see advertising on TV for monthly donations only ask for $19 a month? X wouldn’t get 100% buyin anyway. But they might get 5% at $10/month and 5% at $20/month and 5% at $50 a month and 5% at $100/month…..that 20% making some kind of donation monthly.

$10 would net $25,000
    $20 would net $50,000
    $50 would net $125,000
    $100 would net $250,000

That’s a total of $450,000 per month and $5.4 MILLION dollars per year.

I’m betting that there a lot of X alumni that can afford $100 a month, I KNOW that there are a lot that could afford the $10.
    Afford - yes.

Fell the need to - no.

There is a huge psychological barrier to get fans to pay for players. There just is.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Afford - yes.

Fell the need to - no.

There is a huge psychological barrier to get fans to pay for players. There just is.
    For sure. I have three kids of my own. Why am I giving money to someone else's kids?

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Afford - yes.

Fell the need to - no.

I totally get that some people will choose not to contribute, even though they certainly can. That’s why they will never get 100% participation. But they don’t need to in order to bring in a huge hunk of money still. On the other hand, there are going to be people that are willing to put up 10-20-50-100 dollars a month or more and never give it a 2nd thought. Just as there are people that contribute every month to Xavier knowing full well that the money they contribute helps to fund academic scholarships. If you, or anyone else, choose not to contribute, so be it. I respect your decision.

But if someone chooses not to contribute , then I would consider it hypocritical of them to complain about Xavier not being able to recruit top level kids or about X being unable compete successfully against schools where they have large NIL funds.

TANSTAAFL……..there ain’t no such thing as a free lunch. If you want to dance, you’ve got to pay the fiddler.