Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final 2%

The Final 2%

This is a message that I received from the Director of The Final 2% which is totally affiliated with Xavier. The effort is to make X competitive with all Division 1 programs in this area.

“I have confidence we can compete well with NIL if we can energize the fan base more. We’ve got some rabid fans and some good momentum, if more can do a little to help, it will make a big difference. My screen name on XHoops is XUFinal2. This is what we put together for the monthly support to get started, idea being is let’s give fans some cool perks to feel closer to the program like X team merch, more time with Miller, collectible’s, etc for helping out.

For anyone looking at the tax deadline today, they can do an one time donation too…
    Thanks and below is the link!”

Just one last item. A big Xavier Fat Cat has offered to match all donations to the Final 2% fund up to $500,000 so the donations now mean a lot!!

LETS GO PEOPLE!! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

https://final2percent.com/subscribe/
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 12-31-2023 at 05:14 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

All-Conference
    If they are asking people to continue to give money for this, they should be more transparent. For example, if I were to ever even consider this, a few questions come to mind:

1) What's the annual NIL budget needed for X to remain at the same level of recruiting talent? What is required to upgrade?
    2) How do we know these dollars get spent in the way they are claiming they will get spent? What if you raise more money than is needed? Does every player get paid? What's the break down?
    3) Is the school allowed to re-allocate budgets for any of this? Does it all have to be outside money or can schools allocate funds to NIL budgets?
    Last edited by drudy23; 01-01-2024 at 07:46 PM.

C’mon people, you can do a monthly contribution for as little as $10 a month. It’s not like they are asking for thousands of dollars from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    C’mon people, you can do a monthly contribution for as little as $10 a month. It’s not like they are asking for thousands of dollars from everyone.
    Ok, Math time!

Lets assume there are 1000 XU Graduates a year going back 50 years. Thats 50,000 of us. We all decide to give 10 bucks a month. Thats 600K.

If we think we can compete by adding 600K in a scenario where 100% of alumni chip in, then its over before it starter.

Its not worth their time to deal with 10 a month.

They are looking for thousands. tens of thousands, preferrably. Hundreds of thousands if you can spare it...

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Ok, Math time!

Lets assume there are 1000 XU Graduates a year going back 50 years. Thats 50,000 of us. We all decide to give 10 bucks a month. Thats 600K.

If we think we can compete by adding 600K in a scenario where 100% of alumni chip in, then its over before it starter.

They are looking for thousands. tens of thousands, preferrably. Hundreds of thousands if you can spare it...
    Isn't that math $6 million?

100% participation is a pipedream, so I would say a 20% up-take on that $6M is realistic? So we're looking at $1.2M - at the end of the day, what does $500k-$1M per year get Xavier? Is that enough? Without context, these numbers don't mean anything.

Does that keep our best players here and allow some to attract in recruiting and the portal? Do they even need to worry about the front-end HS recruits with our recruiting profile (are our level of HS recruits getting NIL money)?

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Every bit helps, sure, but they are most certainly looking for the big fish.

Without the big fish, it's unsustainable and probably impossible.

If someone asks for my money for a cause, I feel I have the right to ask these questions and get answers. Not saying they won't give them to me if I asked, but I haven't asked.

Sophomore
    I find this to be an interesting topic. I’ve found two separate XU web pages that listed our alums at 72,000 and 75,000 respectively. I was shocked at that number…….had no idea it was that high. Clearly, Xavier is going to have a much better handle on that number than I would so I’m going to use their estimate (I’ve rounded down to 70,000 for simplicity).

Out of 70,000 what percentage would you guess has an affinity for Xavier of sufficient merit that would result in charitable contributions. I’m guessing 30%.........I have absolutely no idea if that number is high or low.

Here is where I think the conversation becomes interesting. Out of the 21,000 alums who would be willing to make contributions, how many would then opt out when they discover that their donations are not going to Xavier University but rather directly to Lazar Djokovic, et al. Does that number now drop to 5,000? More? Less?

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Ok, Math time!

Sure they are, but they have set up where someone can get involved for as little as $10 per month. AND right now there is someone matching donations up to 500K.

That 70-75k graduates might include the MBA program, most of whom, I’m guessing, have no relationship with Xavier athletics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Chris Sabo made $10.3 million in his career with the Reds. Feels like he should be sharing the wealth with the 2%ers!