Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Des has obviously improved quite a bit, and it's not his fault the talent around him is....questionable.

But he's the best player on this team (sorry Quincy), and he's not even honorable mention all-league. If the expectation is that he will remain the best player on our team, then he's not good enough. Not yet. He either needs to get substantially better (again), or we need to find someone better than him to add to the roster.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Des has obviously improved quite a bit, and it's not his fault the talent around him is....questionable.

But he's the best player on this team (sorry Quincy), and he's not even honorable mention all-league. If the expectation is that he will remain the best player on our team, then he's not good enough. Not yet. He either needs to get substantially better (again), or we need to find someone better than him to add to the roster.
    Is a healthy Free better than him? Regardless, I think a healthy Free elevates Claude's game to another level for next year even if he only marginally improves his 3pt shot.

Free won't have played in 21 months if he is able to come back next November. I'm not sure he'll be better than Ciani or Ousmane. He'd better be if we're going to avoid another season like this one.

Junior
    A healthy free is definitely better. But agreed on the shot, just so often when he has the ball his defender sags enough for him to have an easy pull up 3. On the one hand everyone knowing that and he can still put up numbers is impressive. On the other hand, he needs to be able to shoot that confidently next year. I do expect that to improve this off-season

*if it’s the same Freemantle we saw last year. His injury doesn’t seem like it would slow him down like an Achilles or ACL might.

Supporting Member
    Free won't have played in 21 months if he is able to come back next November. I'm not sure he'll be better than Ciani or Ousmane. He'd better be if we're going to avoid another season like this one.
    If he isn't better than them, that's scary. Better get a legit 4 and 5 if that's the case but I understand your point.

I'm sure Miller is more pissed about this season than any of us...I think he corrects it quickly.

I guess NIL $ and transfer portal magic are the factors Miller has to deal with.

X needs at a minimum a 3 headed monster composed of 2 guards and a post player that simply cannot be stopped by most teams (ie Creighton, Marquette)

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    If he isn't better than them, that's scary. Better get a legit 4 and 5 if that's the case but I understand your point.

I'm sure Miller is more pissed about this season than any of us...I think he corrects it quickly.
    His quote from the other day shows that and I believe him. "We will never have a team like this again" or something along those lines.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I guess NIL $ and transfer portal magic are the factors Miller has to deal with.

X needs at a minimum a 3 headed monster composed of 2 guards and a post player that simply cannot be stopped by most teams (ie Creighton, Marquette)
    2 guards? Where is one of them going to play? Dayvion and Claude are starters next year.

Agreed. X needs 2 more talents. 1 in backcourt and 1 in frontcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    2 guards? Where is one of them going to play? Dayvion and Claude are starters next year.
    no. One or both of the current McKnight and Claude combo need to be All BE conference better and adding a post player is essential.
    Teams will have to struggle to stop X offensively.

It is probably safe to not hold our breaths with Freemantle and Hunter coming back 100%. Lets hope for that but not assume it will happen.