Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoeMusketeer View Post
    Bad news: we are 10-10
    Good news: we've played the 2nd toughest schedule in the country, behind Purdue, so at least we are mediocre for a reason.
    And...if we can get to 18-19 wins, that schedule may be enough to sneak in the backdoor.

But meaningless unless we get to 18+ wins...and still may not be enough.
    Last edited by drudy23; 01-29-2024 at 05:50 PM.

Supporting Member
    I took a look at a couple of the first four teams last year to get an idea:

Miss St; 49 in the net, 52 SOS, 8-10 conference record, 4 quad 1 wins and a quad 3 loss; 21 total wins.

Arizona State; 66 in the net, 62 SOS, 11-9 conference record, 6 Quad 1, 1 Quad 4 loss, 22 total wins.

Not sure exactly what to take from this except that X has 4 more quad 1 games as of now (@butler, seton hall and home against creighton, marquette). But this is what I think....They need to win at least two more quad 1s, avoid no losses to G town or Depaul, and that 19 total wins (including the bE tourney) most likely gets them a trip to the dump due to the great SOS. Heck it may even get them out of the first four.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    And...if we can get to 18-19 wins, that schedule may be enough to sneak in the backdoor.

But meaningless unless we get to 18+ wins...and still may not be enough.
    17 wins feels like the absolute ceiling for the regular season, which would then make winning a game (or two?) in New York City nearly mandatory for serious bubble consideration. I'm not sure we look or feel like a Tournament Team, but that would certainly be a nice way to end the season and begin looking ahead to 2024-25.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoeMusketeer View Post
    17 wins feels like the absolute ceiling for the regular season, which would then make winning a game (or two?) in New York City nearly mandatory for serious bubble consideration. I'm not sure we look or feel like a Tournament Team, but that would certainly be a nice way to end the season and begin looking ahead to 2024-25.
    I hate to even bring it up...NIT - yes or no?
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Update info: 1/30/24 (new number is next in line)

Current NET: 22, 22, 22 ,68, 70, 65, 61,52, 45, 43, 53
    https://www.warrennolan.com/basketball/2024/net

Current RPI: 81, 172, 65, 132, 121, 86, 88, 79, 73, 68, 75
    https://www.warrennolan.com/basketball/2024/rpi-live

Current Bracketology from ESPN: First Four Out, NC, Last Team In, Last 4 In, OUT
    https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...ld-predictions

Current Ken Pom:38, 31, 32, 40, 46, 41, 42, 41, 32, 34, 42
    https://kenpom.com/

Would never have thought that Lunardi would have 7 BE teams in his bracket, and Xavier is not one of them.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Villanova as one of those 7 teams being safely in is mind boggling. I know they have a couple of good wins (3 quad 1) but they have 3 quad 3 losses and are 11-9.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    I would guess they would play if invited, but I have very little interest in watching that.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Our program is no longer in a place where we can turn down NIT bids.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Our program is no longer in a place where we can turn down NIT bids.
    Agreed. Two years ago, Xavier’s winning the NIT energized the Musketeers and afforded them an opportunity to play some exciting games against good competition.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post

Not sure exactly what to take from this except that X has 4 more quad 1 games as of now (@butler, seton hall and home against creighton, marquette). But this is what I think....They need to win at least two more quad 1s, avoid no losses to G town or Depaul, and that 19 total wins (including the bE tourney) most likely gets them a trip to the dump due to the great SOS. Heck it may even get them out of the first four.
    I’d assume at Marquette would be a Q1 as well, so they have 5 more opportunities in regular season. I somewhat agree 19 wins definitely gets them in…unless they get two of those in BET. Otherwise they’d be 19-15 (right?) and 15 losses just seems to be too many.