Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    meh. After Purdue I thought Houston at home was a toss up. I’ll be shocked if that’s a double digit line. I think you’re underestimating the impact Cintas will
    Have. I don’t see us getting swept by the top 4 at home.

Regardless I agree with your overall point, we look and feel like a bubble team. The loss to Washington won’t help (is that going to be a Q2 loss? I assume so bc I think they looked pretty bad themselves). SMC and houston might be our only Q1 opportunities in the OOC. I think after Purdue and Washington it appears we will have an up and down year, win a couple we really shouldn’t and lose a couple we shouldn’t
    I didn't mean to imply that the perceived "Top4" will all get Cintas dubs. I am thinking the chances of an unexpected team to sweep us.

The boys had better have gotten at least 1 home win against MU,CU,UCONN,VU. Otherwise, our powder will be wet selection Sunday.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

All-Conference
    With so many newcomers, the Crosstown Shootout concerns me this year. This could be the year.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Better not have a hangover against Bryant on Friday - they just knocked off a Top 10 FAU team on the road by 9.

Guess Jr is a chip off the old block…

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    With so many newcomers, the Crosstown Shootout concerns me this year. This could be the year.
    Certainly the most concerned I've been for the game at Cintas in 20 years.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    but 10-11 is more than doable.
    Thinking you mean 10-10. We play 20 conference games.

I predicted 10-10 at the onset and 1-1 in the BE tourney.

If we do that, I think it puts us on the right side of the bubble. But I did think we'd win 1 in Vegas. Sunday will be big.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    I think we need to watch out for Bryant this Friday, when the arena will not have the usual student section there because of Thanksgiving. Bryant knocked off #10 FAU last night at FAU Arena. That may speak more about FAU being overrated than about Bryant, given their losses to Manhattan, Rutgers, and BU. But still....
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Thinking you mean 10-10. We play 20 conference games.

I predicted 10-10 at the onset and 1-1 in the BE tourney.

If we do that, I think it puts us on the right side of the bubble. But I did think we'd win 1 in Vegas. Sunday will be big.
    I only meant to say 10-11 BE wins are more doable than 12. If it ends up 10-10, the rest of the OOC schedule had better turn around quick....like tonight.

If X ends up with 4 OOC loses (14 overall reg season loses), that is beyond precarious for the desired post season aspirations.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

In the next 30 days, we play 6 games.

They're all at home.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Feels like we're right on schedule so far. Figured we'd lose to Purdue and go 1-1 in Vegas. Not exactly how I expected to go 1-1 in Vegas, but 1-1 it is.