Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Sean Miller Podcast

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share the debut of the Sean Miller Podcast with all of you. I will host it alongside former beat writer Adam Baum.

It can be viewed on YouTube, and you can listen on all major podcast platforms. Link to all of it: linktr.ee/seanmillerpod

The radio show with Joe and Byron will stay the same. The idea with the podcast is to let Sean tell the stories of his career, bring on guests, and open up about his experiences in college basketball.

It will be weekly, with no "set" day of the week just due to his schedule. Feedback and reviews are greatly appreciated! Be sure to share it around. Thanks!

Supporting Member
    I watched it on YouTube, absolutely a great podcast. Thanks to Paul, Adam, & Sean for such great content.

This is great stuff Paul!

My favorite part was when he discussed his conversation and relationship with John Calipari! Didn’t realize Sean ended at Pitt because of him.

Yeah, pretty amazing that he ended up picking between Rick Pitino and John Calipari.

Great Podcast Paul.

Glad I subscribed!! And Props to Deer Park Roofing for sponsoring.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Yeah, pretty amazing that he ended up picking between Rick Pitino and John Calipari.
    Apparently Calipari is cousins with the Millers.

All-Conference
    When Sean got the job, he said he was going to make a bigger effort to enjoy the ride and really get more involved in the culture of the campus. He's certainly living up to it, and it's likely providing him a better quality of life at the same time. He looks much healthier, and seems much more comfortable in his skin. The only thing left is that Final Four, and I think he gets us there at some point over the next 3-5 years.
    Last edited by drudy23; 10-23-2023 at 08:32 PM.

Sounded like a nice recruiting pitch for some other coaches.

I know he was relaying his personal experience, but to hear him cover all these well known coaches and how he measured up, well it makes you wonder how a kid views him as a coach in comparison.
    Last edited by sirthought; 10-23-2023 at 08:51 PM.

Great podcast! Can’t wait for more episodes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Sounded like a nice recruiting pitch for some other coaches.

I know he was relaying his personal experience, but to hear him cover all these well known coaches and how he measured up, well it makes you wonder how a kid views him as a coach in comparison.
    I thought he was very honest with what HE was thinking as an EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD, and showed that he can probably relate and understand what current 18 year olds are feeling, very well. I certainly could relate to his thinking at that age, and I wasn’t being recruited by major programs. His feelings at that time are probably relatable to almost every kid who is going into college, an athlete or not. He comes across as someone that is not only relatable, but also as someone that is interested in his kids as people and as someone that wants them to improve and succeed. In interviews with so many top recruits I read how they want someone that can help them get into the league and will help them to improve. In this podcast he comes across as someone that would certainly have that same view, and would also desire to see the kids reach their potential. After listening to it I came away with a better understanding of his recruiting philosophy and a better understanding of what he is looking for in recruits……a desire to improve and a love of the game. I’ve often thought that if I was doing the recruiting that is exactly what I would be looking for too. I have always enjoyed coaching that kind of kid more than a superstar that just does the minimum that they need to do to get by and is successful only because of their superior athletic talent. Probably because the former describes me more than the latter.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 10-24-2023 at 08:12 AM.